NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

This Dallas Jersey is so confusing. Looks like the Hawks MLK Jersey, but i cant think of a connection there. The championship theme is intriguing but why choose that font? It’s just really boring, and after a fun Jersey last year I’m disappointed.

Excellent!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nets, Mavs New 2021 City Edition Jerseys Leaked

October 28, 2020 - 15:04 PM

Overnight we saw two more new NBA “City Edition” jerseys leaked to social media, the Brooklyn Nets and Dallas Mavericks. SportsLogos.Net is able to confirm through our good old friend “Reliable Source” that both of these jerseys are legit and will be worn by the clubs during the upcoming 2020-21

Read More...

Um...that Nets jersey is an absolute joke. Quite possible the worst NBA uniform in history. And I am a Nets fan....

When I first saw the image, I though the only possible explanation was that this was a design from a Make A Wish kid or something.

5 hours ago, Igor Coelho said:

This crown in the jocktag was bold. If it's real (and it's really a game uniform, not just fashion), we'll have another great City Edition!

And maybe Biggie references come to an end.

Ok who let little Jimmy write on the jersey with a crayon? 

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

18 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Nets already had Black Coogie Jersey but with 'Brooklyn' wordmark.

I know that. That’s why I specified. Yellow/Armarillo is not happening. Can’t be white. Maybe gray/bk dodger themed with coogie? 

@njdevs7 it’s basquiat. Artsy. Very Brooklyn. Very hip. A lot of people don’t get it, which is fine. That’s why it’s art. 

They've got to cool it with the Boogie stuff. Maybe they change their focus to Coney Island for a few years and have some hot dog-inspired jerseys. Or roller coasters. Anything to continue to mine Brooklyn for the most basic, obvious references to center sport jersey design.

In the entirety of the City program, there is far more forgettable than having been worth pursuing. 20/21 is likely to be a short season; perhaps we could have shelved bad City jerseys for a year too.  

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, Krz said:

This Dallas Jersey is so confusing. Looks like the Hawks MLK Jersey, but i cant think of a connection there. The championship theme is intriguing but why choose that font? It’s just really boring, and after a fun Jersey last year I’m disappointed.

"And while my first thought on this design was “ah, gold must be for the tenth anniversary of their 2011 NBA Championship”, I was told it’s to celebrate the club’s 40th anniversary."

https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/10/28/nets-mavs-new-2021-city-edition-jerseys-leaked/basketball/

40th anniversary? I know it's their year but 40th is a Ruby and Gold is a 50th so they rushed 10 years with it. Celebrating Championship would make more sense because Larry O'Brien Trophy is gold.

3 hours ago, Jsmoove said:

I know that. That’s why I specified. Yellow/Armarillo is not happening. Can’t be white. Maybe gray/bk dodger themed with coogie?

Full Coogie would be crazy.

4r2eer.png

2 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Um...that Nets jersey is an absolute joke. Quite possible the worst NBA uniform in history. And I am a Nets fan....

I think they're fine with what they are. And, they're FAR from the worst ever. Especially when these exist ...

GettyImages-73303362-775x465.jpg

122016-nba-los-angeles-clippers.vresize.

10-worst-nba-jerseys-uniforms-ever-ranki 

And, any sleeved jersey that made it onto the court ...

r695173_600x600_1-1.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

The design of that Dallas jersey makes me think of their proposed rebrand. Absolute first thing I thought of.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Nets one is pretty interesting. I really enjoy the use of the herringbone pattern in a tonal fashion on these. I wouldn't mind seeing that introduced to their regular home/road set.

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I find the modern NBA largely unwatchable, and that's mostly due to how the game has evolved.

The jerseys aren't helping. 

“I wish every team had two jerseys with block font, and you could only score in the post”.

Excellent!

Archived