SportsLogos.Net News

NBA Changes 2020/21

13 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I don't see how anyone would want to relive anything from the Bobcats. 

Maybe a really long time from now do the race flag jersey. 

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

I can't wait to see the modern Sixers rock these

spacer.png

I already have the Mitchell and Ness AI jersey but I'm definitely picking up a Simmons if they do have it as a Classic edition.

One off throwbacks for different eras for rivalry match ups would be really cool (for example: Lakers/Celtics in 80's throwbacks)

Not a huge fan of those but fine for a few games. I just hope it doesn’t inspire Sixers in a new black jersey. They outta stick to red and blue for the most part.

9 minutes ago, Froob said:

Maybe a really long time from now do the race flag jersey. 

spacer.png

But, the Hornets could still do something like that with their City Jersey without necessarily acknowledging the Bobcats.

1 hour ago, kimball said:

But, the Hornets could still do something like that with their City Jersey without necessarily acknowledging the Bobcats.

Black jersey with teal and purple checkerboard...hmmm....

(though the white and black pattern above seemed deliberate for racing theme)

7 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

(though the white and black pattern above seemed deliberate)

Dang it...I shouldn’t be down for that, but I honestly kind of am. As long as it says “Charlotte” or “Hornets” and not “Buzz City”...I’m intrigued by the idea.

They could also do purple with teal and white checkerboard!

14 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Dang it...I shouldn’t be down for that, but I honestly kind of am. As long as it says “Charlotte” or “Hornets” and not “Buzz City”...I’m intrigued by the idea.

Always Sunny Yes GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Find ...

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Or CHA

I am all for throwbacks coming back, but wouldn't mind seeing some teams stick with a specific throwback for a number of years. But..money. they gotta sell revamped versions of the classics.

If they keep doing that, just get rid of the city uniforms. Most of them dont even resemble the city, and muddle the brand.

17 minutes ago, Kg54mvp said:

I am all for throwbacks coming back, but wouldn't mind seeing some teams stick with a specific throwback for a number of years. But..money. they gotta sell revamped versions of the classics.

If they keep doing that, just get rid of the city uniforms. Most of them dont even resemble the city, and muddle the brand.

I would much rather have a classic jersey be a regular part of the rotation than these worthless (for the most part) City uniforms.

33 minutes ago, Kg54mvp said:

That's why I liked what the Hornets did with the same jersey with different colors the past three years.

2 hours ago, kimball said:

Or CHA

Maybe this year we get the RLO jersey.

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

(though the white and black pattern above seemed deliberate for racing theme)

Let's stay away from the black, please.

6 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

That's more like it. If it's the city jersey I feel like it should actually say the name of the city on it, so Charlotte.

3 hours ago, kimball said:

Or CHA

No thanks, rather CLT than CHA.

I’d love to see a jersey version of this replace the statement jersey and have the city basically be a different cream design every other year. 

spacer.png

^ i like that design (put the front # in place of the logo), but their Statement jersey should be cream since it's clearly their tertiary color in the branding scheme. blue, black, kelly green, red, grey, etc should be used as City jersey colors, imo.

4 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

^ i like that design (put the front # in place of the logo), but their Statement jersey should be cream since it's clearly their tertiary color in the branding scheme. blue, black, kelly green, red, grey, etc should be used as City jersey colors, imo.

I’d be cool with that too. Either make the city or the statement blue and have the other cream. I was disappointed they didn’t have the home jersey be cream from the get go.

16 hours ago, j'villejags said:

You might lose some of the nostalgia behind this look with the modern cuts and fabrics of basketball uniforms, but I would be all for it. 

I have the blue Iverson jersey from that era but it's the 2000 version. Those silk ones were way too baggy and hot to wear in the summer. During the season when it's cold I guess it's fine over a long sleeve shirt. But I like to wear bball jerseys on hot todays (other than going to games)

17 hours ago, j'villejags said:

You might lose some of the nostalgia behind this look with the modern cuts and fabrics of basketball uniforms, but I would be all for it. 

Young-and-Smith.jpg?resize=640,478

This might be an unpopular opinion but I'm really not a fan of the AI throwbacks. The wordmark and font look tacky and the colors are all over the place. They only stopped that basic design wearing them 11 years ago and I think there are plenty of designs from the 70's and 80's that would be a lot more interesting to see. 

3 hours ago, QCS said:

No thanks, rather CLT than CHA.

Neither should be an option.

3 hours ago, dannykraft said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but I'm really not a fan of the AI throwbacks. The wordmark and font look tacky and the colors are all over the place. They only stopped that basic design wearing them 11 years ago and I think there are plenty of designs from the 70's and 80's that would be a lot more interesting to see. 

Yes but this upcoming season is the 20th anniversary of the Finals appearance and they already did a 70's throwback this year.

4 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Young-and-Smith.jpg?resize=640,478

This is easily the worse version of that look. All of the charm just sucked right out of it.