NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

26 minutes ago, QCS said:

Totally down for using that sign, but I wish they had used the Portland script instead of the Oregon one. It is the City jersey, after all.

I think most of us on here would agree that the “City Edition” name is a bunch of bull:censored:. Personally I think it was definitely the right call to use the Oregon script. It honors the whole state, but also the Portland script has only been on the sign since 2010, whereas the Oregon script has been there since 1997. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, QCS said:

Totally down for using that sign, but I wish they had used the Portland script instead of the Oregon one. It is the City jersey, after all.

why aren't they called something like community edition? Makes more sense than the Nike terminology especially when so many of the teams represent more than just one city. 

2 hours ago, chakfu said:

Celtics appear to be prepping some social justice stuff, tweeting trivia about the first all black starting five.

I guess they posted that trivia because 28.10 is a day when Auerbach died and not because of new uniforms but we'll see.

At this moment all we know about Celtics City is that is not gonna be gold color as a main color (sadly?).

4r2eer.png

My question is why in the world are the colors like that...? Is the blue even gonna be seen once the players tuck in their jerseys? I also don't understand why they chose that font for the number it just looks kinda cheap. When their regular font is already literally based on New Orleans word marking 

also this marks the end of the Mardi Gras jersey tradition which I believed started in 2010?

IMG-7122.gif

20 hours ago, Digby said:

Kind of striking how many people in a design community don't know Basquiat.

I find this funny since Basquiat also partnered up with Andy Warhol in the 80's. Kind of makes one question if these people are even designers...

I think that city jerseys need to be a less common thing. If they are released seasonally (for the most part) they will eventually run out of good ideas right? I mean, we are already starting to see that. Maybe a new city jersey every 2-3 seasons or so?

In the meantime, here's what I think of this year's sets so far:

Atlanta: I like the idea, and the jersey as a whole looks good, but I think Memphis executed the MLK idea much better. I don't need MLK pasted across the front to get the idea.

Brooklyn: I'll echo what has been said: the Basquiat idea is a good one to use, but the execution is terrible. I cannot stand that wordmark. It looks like someone jumped on Microsoft paint and wrote out the team's name using the pencil tool. I love the tonal pattern and (to an extent) the side panels. With all this, it plays into the "designer brand"/uber-artistic trend in sports, something that just needs to be stopped (looking at you Rams).

Mavs: The 40th anniversary idea is poorly executed here (needs more blue/green/), but it's a solid jersey otherwise. at least from what we can tell.

Portland: It's a decent looking jersey (love the wordmark and topographical pattern), but it could use some more green if they want to get the Oregon idea across, and its nowhere near as good looking as the Blazers' previous sets.

New Orleans: The Pelicans have an obsession with weird blocks of color/layouts, but its refreshing to see them moving past a Mardi Gras theme for now. The wishbone collar needs to die, it is terribly outdated and bad design.

Phoenix: Probably their best set yet. Looks like its straight out of an 80's video game, but its unique, and is something different than the Los Suns theme.

I know we had a Lakers leak but I'll need a better look. I'm assuming they are Jerry West themed based off the colors?

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

NBA Leaks! New Leaked Unis from Pelicans, Suns, Blazers This Morning

October 29, 2020 - 14:55 PM

The NBA’s annual uniform leak season is here and they’re coming at us fast and furious. Following two “City Edition” uniform leaks yesterday from the Dallas Mavericks and Brooklyn Nets and earlier leaks from the Los Angeles Lakers and the entire “Classic Edition” collection; this morning we have three new

Read More...

I wish the Oregon script matched a little closer (unless it's supposed to match an older version)

I LOVE that suns jersey. That color palette is so good when used well like that. I'm excited to see those in action. 

The Pels is a little odd. Looks like a lot of negative space, but i'll have to wait for the full reveal. 

Heard here are some of the new city jerseys that I've heard are in the pipeline:

CELTICS- red, white and green 'North End' jerseys, the numbers will be in a giant meatball ala the Warriors' cable car jerseys.

NUGGETS- REDRUM jerseys. Icy blue and white, axes in doorways on the side panels.

ROCKETS- black Rothko jerseys, no names, no numbers, etc. Just black.

BULLS- Willis/Sears Tower jerseys. Complete with clear observation deck side panels.

MAGIC- Waffle House design, all yellow, complete menu on front and back.

CLIPPERS- David Hockney inspired jerseys, with this painting serving as inspiration. spacer.png

Archived