NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

2 minutes ago, JTernup said:

I’ve always found it funny how hostile so many posters are to all of these new uniforms because they literally provide us something to talk about. If everyone had their perfect classic looks and never changed it would be better for the aesthetic of the league but way worse for us design nerds.

I totally see where you’re coming from - it is indeed great for us to have something to talk about, I’d go crazy if we couldn’t discuss what we love! - but that also doesn’t mean that teams should go hog wild with thier uniforms, either. 

Besides, just speaking personally, the list of teams from league to league that I would insist never change anything at all isn’t extremely long. For the most part I’m very open to alternate uniforms, tweaks and minor updates for most teams, and even some extensive rebrands for some teams - so long as good design principles are adhered to and there’s healthy restraint and reasoning to design choices.

I do think some City Editions have accomplished that - Brooklyn comes to mind with the first Coogi set, where they kept the pattern to trim only, didnt cave into using any nicknames, and managed to present something new while maintaining a strong link to thier existing brand. Many others however have taken it way too far in my opinion, using local connection as an excuse to use completely different color schemes, fonts, city nicknames, logos, and other elements from thier existing core brand. Brooklyn showed pretty emphatically that none of these teams really had to go that far to make a great City Edition.

All in all, I don’t mind stepping out of the box a little bit, so long as you don’t throw the box into the dumpster and run away from it entirely.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/28/2020 at 7:08 PM, QCS said:

Totally down for using that sign, but I wish they had used the Portland script instead of the Oregon one. It is the City jersey, after all.

I don’t disagree with the principle, but you gotta admit, “Oregon Trail Blazers” makes too much sense to not take a swing...

12 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

I wish the Oregon script matched a little closer (unless it's supposed to match an older version)

You might be onto something, because that sign has a colorful history. It used to actually say “White Stag,” and the lettering had a little more calligraphic gesture to it, and every time the sign’s been changed, the lettering has gotten a little more clumsy, to the point where the “Portland” that’s currently on the sign looks like it could just be the Brush Script typeface with a custom N to match “Oregon.”

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Portland's got so much cool old stuff like that. Seattle just has the Space Needle and generations of old folks saying "don't ruin my views!" when it comes to building anything.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

16 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Wait, it’s brown??? I thought it looked dark grey.

One of the articles described it as “earth-toned” so I think it might be brown. That was my first thought after seeing the closeup photos as well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

39 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Wait, it’s brown??? I thought it looked dark grey.

22 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

One of the articles described it as “earth-toned” so I think it might be brown. That was my first thought after seeing the closeup photos as well.

The Blazers’ beat reporter confirmed that it is indeed brown:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

20 minutes ago, BullsDieHard9 said:

The jersey will be black

If that's the case, then it is possible that the blue and silver Lakers jersey might not be white, either.

Anyone know what the Sixers have in store for us?  Assuming they'd go Iverson era unis since it's the 20th anniversary of that team, but you never know.  Wasn't sure if that was confirmed or just a rumor.  FWIW I love the Sixers current Blue/White set, but they've crushed it with their alternate uniforms in recent years.  Wouldn't hate it if the parchment paper esque City Edition uni elements became part of their full time brand.  It just works. 

spacer.png spacer.png

Heat, Warriors Latest New 2021 NBA Jerseys Leaked

October 30, 2020 - 14:31 PM

Something about plumbers tape? I don’t know, I can only come up with so many audience-appropriate leaking references. This morning the leaks are coming from China as a post on the popular social media Weibo reveals five new 2020-21 NBA uniforms, including two which we hadn’t yet seen. Behold! Okay,

Read More...

If this is real, those are incredible jerseys. Throwing back to the "Golden Warrior" era is brilliant, my only gripe is putting Oakland on it when a) the jersey never actually had that and b) they don't play in Oakland anymore. That Miami jersey is just incredible, and I never thought I'd say that about a jersey with a gradient on it.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Miami's jersey is pretty awesome, though I feel the white wordmark and number bring it down. Seems like black or black would be better. 

Small curiosity: The old Warriors set is described in the article as the "Greek warrior" set, but I never heard it was a Greek theme before today. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

32 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The Warriors jersey is nice, but isn't it too late for them to be repping Oakland?

Lakers had Minneapolis jerseys not too long ago (probably coming back at some point). Clips did San Diego. Didn’t Memphis rep the Vancouver jerseys? Not too uncommon. 

I don't get choosing to put Oakland on the jersey when they no longer play there, but I guess they really want to keep those fans so it's understandable.

Miami is just... no. Full jersey gradients always look awful, and they're giving us two for the price of one. The design on the t-shirt is far better.

ExJworW.png

Archived