SportsLogos.Net News

NBA Changes 2020/21

Heat jersey is not black. Warriors finally trying something different. 

LXq5BIQ.png 

36 minutes ago, SJAnfield said:

Lakers had Minneapolis jerseys not too long ago (probably coming back at some point). Clips did San Diego. Didn’t Memphis rep the Vancouver jerseys? Not too uncommon. 

Well those are direct throwbacks to jerseys that said "MPLS", "San Diego", etc. These are close to the We Believe Warriors, but the jerseys never actually said Oakland.

new-nba-jerseys-uniforms-leak-lakers-hea

Oh, I hate that Warriors jersey. So, so much. That team finally got good and was ripped away from the city that supported it for generations; first by way of ticket price and then by way of moving the team across the Bay. Dropping "Oakland" on the jersey is like the Thunder wearing Sonics throwbacks (well maybe not that bad, but still close).

Lakers is fine but weird. I hope they drop the other white jersey; they don't need two.

Miami is past its peak on the Vice theme, I think. That looks like a fine fashion jersey, but if I were the Heat, I think it'd be better to just restart the cycle on white/pink/teal/black/mi colores Vice set.

I think I’ve seen some Quiksilver board shorts that looked like that new Miami Vice set.

And no, that’s not a compliment.

So the Miami black number and wordmark w/ vice gradient on the white T-Shirt....are we thinking thats the Earned edition? 

I like both, Miami’s is almost like Dallas’ last year.

4 minutes ago, jb1322 said:

So the Miami black number and wordmark w/ vice gradient on the white T-Shirt....are we thinking thats the Earned edition? 

After reading Cris' article I got the impression that they just altered the look for the shirseys. As in, they wanted the same vibe but putting all that on a tee was too much effort.

Shame because I think the style of the t-shirt is better

On 10/27/2020 at 10:07 PM, chakfu said:

I brought this up on Twitter without response, but I'll mention again...

The wordmark seems smaller and less arched than I remember, to its detriment.  Is that related to jersey cut/size, or my imagination?

I liked that 1988 playoff team that took the Lakers to 7.  That was a great playoff until the Pistons thugged and cheated their way to the finals. Depriving Artis Gilmore of a ring.

On 10/27/2020 at 10:33 PM, sayahh said:

The "Dallas" wordmark definitely look bigger on the green jersey in the 80s, but looks smaller and less arched on the blue jersey.

On 10/28/2020 at 4:21 AM, pepis21 said:

Font is wrong on it too, is much thicker than original.

BTW that wordmark is already used by nike in rewind collection, reebok and adidas also used it on HWC jerseys (all of them had wrong numbers).

I actually touched on this in the recently released documentary about the history of the Dallas Mavericks identityBranding the Mavericks.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

OMG that Miami gradient!!! 😍

The t-shirt and gradient jerseys could be one city and one earned?   They both have gradients.

I honestly don’t know. It could be the earned, or it could just be a poor “shirsey” like the mavs gradient last yearspacer.png

Warriors second straight year after leaving Oakland have jersey which repping Oakland.

Anyway this jersey (general design look same like regular) it might be their best City from all they had in past. "We Believe" colors was always nice.

Lakers also look like it might be regular design (there is a yellow color inside collar?).

Dallas, what is that on side?

Heat, reminds me of Bordeaux shirt from few years ago.

Here’s the new Blazers court for this upcoming season:

spacer.png

I really love the split red and black design on the apron. In the mockup I posted a while back I had both baselines in red, so I’m pleasantly surprised to see that only one side is red while the other is black. I do think I would’ve preferred white keys, but the red keys still look quite good.

47 minutes ago, QCS said:

Well those are direct throwbacks to jerseys that said "MPLS", "San Diego", etc. These are close to the We Believe Warriors, but the jerseys never actually said Oakland.

Exactly.

I get why the Warriors are pandering to Oakland after the move across the bay. But, it's just weird when they're still in the same market with the same name.

48 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Oh, I hate that Warriors jersey. So, so much. That team finally got good and was ripped away from the city that supported it for generations; first by way of ticket price and then by way of moving the team across the Bay. Dropping "Oakland" on the jersey is like the Thunder wearing Sonics throwbacks (well maybe not that bad, but still close).

Yeah, it's not that bad. It's just awkward with the team staying in the same market. I get why they're pandering to the Oakland fanbase, but do they really need to?

My only question is why does the white Heat shirsey have a black wordmark and drop shadow...while the jersey doesn't seem to have either? 

Seems like a weird mismatch in style. 

10 minutes ago, Igor Coelho said:

Its about damn time :')

11 minutes ago, Igor Coelho said:

This isn't better than the best fiesta concepts I've seen, but it's very good! Love that San Antonio script with the spur over the I.

The fiesta colours work brilliantly with a black base.

On the one hand, the Spurs finally did it! And it looks great.

On the other hand, I thought it would be fun if the Spurs consistently pulled the football year over year. But the City program means teams have to burn through so many alternate ideas they might have otherwise never have considered.