NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

3 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

NYK - Who the F ok'd this design??!! Absolutely atrocious! @Conrad. was probably puking in his office trash can when this came across his desk! Hell they could have re-colored the NY Liberty uniforms and would have been fired! 

You're absolutely right. When I first saw the Knicks...i hadn't seen all of them yet, but i immediately said to myself: THIS IS GONNA WIN THE WORST OF THE SEASON FOR SURE.

Incredibly baffling stuff. Fwiw, it's inspired by Kith. Doesn't make it a passable design, though.

kith-nike-air-force-1-nyc-release-date.j

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

You're absolutely right. When I first saw the Knicks...i hadn't seen all of them yet, but i immediately said to myself: THIS IS GONNA WIN THE WORST OF THE SEASON FOR SURE.

Incredibly baffling stuff. Fwiw, it's inspired by Kith. Doesn't make it a passable design, though.

This would have been a better inspiration... spacer.png

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

5 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

I can't even comprehend.

gettyimages-669201132.jpg

https://www.nba.com/amp/wizards/history-wizards-fan-favorite-stars-and-stripes-uniform-series-060120 

You have the support of the design. Hell you could have even put "Bullets" across the chest. Nope. Just "DC" and Grey.

The  original adidas version of these unis is still the best. The narrow number font supports a double outline very well. And the "dc" logo leaves too much negative space. The Nike versions look cheap in comparison.

Knowing the Knicks and their nike/kith inspiration at least they'll market the heck out those jerseys despite how bad they are. Meanwhile the Pelicans they'll just take one picture of the jersey and post it on Twitter captioned "new threads!" And that'll be it. 

IMG-7122.gif

58 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

KITH = Knicks In The House?

I don't necessarily mind some of these designs, though some are just "never should have seen the light of day" bad, like the Knicks.  The thing that bugs me is that there's just too many jerseys.  Each team now has four or five.  Didn't Golden State have six last year?  If it was just four and the alts only worn a handful of games, and the designs didn't change every year, I would be fine with that.

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

It was probably Nike’s idea actually, as that NYC swoosh logo is an official Nike logo:

spacer.png

Nike has been using that logo for a while; I had a pair of AF1s with that logo ~15 years ago.

That's the one detail in this uni that I like.

None of these surprise me, we were getting the best of the best the first couple years of this program, now that they've run out of ideas though, designs will get even worse and more detached from the brand itself. We've started to see that with Atlanta's MLK jersey, it has no strong connection to the brand, different colors, the word mark doesn't feature Hawks, Atlanta or anything close, it doesn't even have a direct city connection either. (I could be wrong but I've always understood that MLK was most influential in Memphis, which is why the Grizzlies came out with their jerseys. Please correct me if I am mistaken though.) 

I'm expecting to see more of this garbage come out the longer this program goes without change. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

9 hours ago, patsfan5101 said:

Reeeeeeeeeel it in a little. Not even close. 

What is head and shoulders above this on the all time worst jersey list?

I absolutely hate it. I can usually make a case for just about anything, but not this. There are plenty of awful jerseys but this is definitely in the conversation. 

Spurs, Raptors Among Seven New NBA Jersey Leaks

October 31, 2020 - 14:17 PM

Welcome to this morning’s episode of “Today in NBA Uniform Leaks”. At some point, you have to wonder if this is all intentional… Another seven NBA uniforms leaked over the past 24 hours, a couple we had seen before (but now have a much better look at) while most are

Read More...

Other than the Nike advertisement, these are really nice:

san-antonio-spurs-new-jersey-new-uniform

Why does SL.net watermark jerseys and logos, when the designs are properties of the teams and licensees?  Shouldn't the team be watermarking stuff?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Why does SL.net watermark jerseys and logos, when the designs are properties of the teams and licensees?  Shouldn't the team be watermarking stuff?

The photo isn't from the team. SL.net is probably aware that this photo of the leaked jersey will be shared quite a few times. CamisasdeNBA is also given credit in the watermark. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived