NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

You may be right about the current iteration, but this monstrosity was black and silver in a homage to the Raiders.

Why would a team that has only ever played in Michigan(Ft. Wayne-->Detroit) pay homage to a team on the other side of the country(Oakland-->LA-->Oakland-->LV)?

23 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Why would a team that has only ever played in Michigan(Ft. Wayne-->Detroit) pay homage to a team on the other side of the country(Oakland-->LA-->Oakland-->LV)?

The backstory was the Raiders once sent the Bad Boys Pistons some gear. Quite a reach, I agree. There was a video posted on the Pistons site about it, I’ll see if I can find it.

Edit: I couldn’t find the video, but here is an article that talks about it: 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2018/11/20/detroit-pistons-debut-silver-and-black-uniforms-friday/2072089002/

I don't think I've ever seen an NBA jersey as bad as that Knicks thing. It's amazing because it's not over-the-top bad, but it's still the worst, like the whole is less than the sum of its parts or something.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

10 hours ago, BBTV said:

Other than the Nike advertisement, these are really nice:

san-antonio-spurs-new-jersey-new-uniform

Okay, Spurs. You have a black jersey in this design. Now make a white one and a silver alt, stat. Chop, chop, let’s go already. This would be the best look in your history. 

19 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

None of these surprise me, we were getting the best of the best the first couple years of this program, now that they've run out of ideas though, designs will get even worse and more detached from the brand itself. We've started to see that with Atlanta's MLK jersey, it has no strong connection to the brand, different colors, the word mark doesn't feature Hawks, Atlanta or anything close, it doesn't even have a direct city connection either. (I could be wrong but I've always understood that MLK was most influential in Memphis, which is why the Grizzlies came out with their jerseys. Please correct me if I am mistaken though.) 

I'm expecting to see more of this garbage come out the longer this program goes without change. 

The thing is I really don't think it should be happening so soon with a lot of these teams. Raptors, Knicks. Wizards have so much potential to go above and beyond, Pelicans of course too as a fan I know there's so much things we can make our jerseys based off of same for other cities. 

IMG-7122.gif

5 hours ago, projectjohn said:

Pistons City has now leaked. Honestly this is the best alt they’ve had in over 10 years IMO, which speaks to how dreadful their alts have been. But yeah let’s go ahead and end the “City” program here and now.

I personally think differently. The text is way too small for my liking. Least they could have done was switch the red and the blue since they already have a blue jersey. Makes me think, is t this just their regular jersey but with a change of words?

IMG-7122.gif

59 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Not sure if this is a possible leak or just a fashion jersey:

I could've sworn I saw a photo of players wearing this, either on a video game screencap or photoshopped pic.

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10306281 

I hope you know I wasn't being serious.  Do I need to put a wink emoji or add in jk,  LOL, haha at the end?  The idea is so ridiculous, one would have to be a fool to believe anyone would actually be serious about it.

1 hour ago, M4One said:

I hope you know I wasn't being serious.  Do I need to put a wink emoji or add in jk,  LOL, haha at the end?  The idea is so ridiculous, one would have to be a fool to believe anyone would actually be serious about it.

I have seen some very weird things online this year so forgive me if I couldn't pick up on that. You just never know these days.

bSLCtu2.png

5 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

Don’t know if this is the right place but the Pistons new G League affiliate unveiled their logo. It’s a better alternate logos than the Pistons have managed to make since abandoning the exhaust pipes on their own identity

I'm hoping that this means with their G-League team adopting the "Motor City" moniker, it gets dropped from the parent club branding moving forward. And while I don't want teal back in the Pistons identity, I certainly wouldn't mind a cleaned up/modernized version of either of these logos as a secondary instead of the various "DP" monograms they've been using for the past 15 years.

e451xq79hj1fo4yh642jpbjll.gif

445.gif

Archived