NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

6 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I'm not sure why there's so much black when neither the home and away have it. Is this an alternate court? 

Nope, it's their "Core Court", which I have to assume is their primary court.

the user formerly known as cdclt

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I'm not sure why there's so much black when neither the home and away have it. Is this an alternate court? 

My guess is it saves money.  Instead of having a completely different alternate court, they switch out some parts, but keep the rest.  They do have the 2 black jerseys that there's no way they aren't going to wear at home.

9 hours ago, Digby said:

they’re just gonna hype all this up to unveil a black jersey inspired by the fact that Philadelphia has nighttime.

Does your city have nighttime too? I thought it was only specific to the Philadelphia area!

My guess is that Liberty Bell symbol there ends up on the center of the waistband, since all teams mostly have them now. The Iverson era jerseys didn't have any logo since the red and gold lines went all the way around.  They used a similar bell on the waist band of the city edition last year and the navy blue prototype.  They'll probably end up doing an AI era look with a modern flair.  Maybe keeping the bell and the bell crack piping along the side since gold goes with that old color palette.  No inside info, just predictions. 

37 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Iverson tweeting darkened out photos of him modeling the jersey on his twitter account. Speculation is that they won't be exact throwbacks, but maybe a merging of the two eras?

If they claim that, then they're tripping...AI helping to market these is just gonna get people more angry that it's not a direct throwback to the black unis. Good luck with that, Sixers.

13 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

If they claim that, then they're tripping...AI helping to market these is just gonna get people more angry that it's not a direct throwback to the black unis. Good luck with that, Sixers.

Soooooooo you telling us it's close to exact?  please say yes please say yes please say yes 

Worth noting that Ben Simmons also just teased it and it looks like he's got blue socks on? 

Was expecting more for the hawks court tbh. It's just another rockets situation when they got new jerseys not too long ago all they did was change the wordmark. Could have at least added some pop of red by making the 3 point line red or something. 

IMG-7122.gif

On 11/5/2020 at 8:51 PM, QCS said:

It's really weird to see a ton of white on the logo then almost nowhere else on the court. Either remove it or replace it with yellow, I think that would make it look much better.

Took the words out of my mouth. This Hawks' new Pacman logo with the white background never worked with any identity it has been used with, nor does it work now. What you said is exactly what they should do.

2 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

Iverson tweeting darkened out photos of him modeling the jersey on his twitter account. Speculation is that they won't be exact throwbacks, but maybe a merging of the two eras?

Simmons too

On 10/31/2020 at 9:14 PM, projectjohn said:

The backstory was the Raiders once sent the Bad Boys Pistons some gear. Quite a reach, I agree. There was a video posted on the Pistons site about it, I’ll see if I can find it.

Edit: I couldn’t find the video, but here is an article that talks about it: 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2018/11/20/detroit-pistons-debut-silver-and-black-uniforms-friday/2072089002/

Here's the video I was talking about that explains the rationale for that incarnation of the jersey:

Archived