NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

The sixers jersey almost brings up a larger debate.

To a Philadelphian, or a Philly suburban, Boathouse row is an awesome nod that's never been used before. Its a staple of Philly and I'm sure 99% of hometown Philly fans would agree with that statement. In terms of representing the "city", its awesome, but you have to know what it is. (All the Philadelphia schools' rowing teams use those houses, and are constantly out on the river, and lit up at night.) But to outsiders, its hard.

Execution wise, its not great. It has its flaws. I agree with that. But then it gets to the debate of how you want to represent cities. If you want the city uniforms to be true and unique, then you get these weird colors and new looks. I personally wish teams stuck to their primary brands. When I see a big Bucks-Heat game i'm thinking red v green, and I see Yellow vs Light Blue? (hypothetical of course), but its just a preference that I have. 

I think the point of city uniforms are for the locals to feel even more represented. In this case, the "boathouse row" nod is sweet. I'll be the first to accuse the yellow Bucks uniform of making me feel like "what the hell is that". But to a Milwaukee fan, that might mean more to you than it does to me. Goes for all the other teams' uniforms too.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another sneakpeak by the pelicans. They're actually kinda growing on me and I like how the pelicans are embracing the royal blue now that I realize they weren't just being dumb and got the color wrong 

and boy am I glad to see them actually post stuff. I don't recall the pelicans ever posting any buildup videos or anything for all 3 years since Nike took over. It's always been one picture of the new jerseys and that's it. 

and last thing I'm gonna say is it seems like the uniform might majority white? Since one of the angles showed the shorts which look like they could be white and only the bottom blue

IMG-7122.gif

5 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

Here’s the Magic. As the star in the original script was supposed to replace the A, is the script here read as ORL-star or ORLA? I guess they’re a slight improvement over last year’s version since these actually have some connection to the Magic, but if the Magic really want to wear orange they could just incorporate it in their regular design

That's a good one. Only that I'd strongly like the outer fill of the streaking ball logo to be black or gray, whichever they are using. Change the orange to blue and make it their regular jersey design, and I'm onboard. The current Dwight era font has gotten tired long ago. With the the star having acted as an "A", it really does say "Orla", but I don't care. It looks good and iconic for Orlando that way. The look really works with orange too, if blue wasn't an established color of theirs.

6 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Not great but not terrible. It appears the name on the back is below the skyline near the waist instead of up top near the collar. 

Court is the only thing that's a 9/10. Missing stars on center court for perfect 10 

I don't really care for the existence of these uniforms, but other than that, it's a decent design. I'd only switch the placement of the city name and number so that the city would be above the rooftops and the number below, since it really does look crowded as is. And I like these fonts better than the block one they are using on their regular jerseys.  Also, pretty nice to see Philly wear black again,

Maybe they could have made PHILADELPHIA smaller/thinner/longer so that it looked more integrated into Boathouse Row and not an afterthought?  It would look like one of those city posters that they make for everywhere, but... it already kinda does so does it matter?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Those Sixers jerseys are terrible. But this is what happens when you let a player design the jersey. I don't like the number, houses, wordmak setup. The number and wordmark should be swap and the houses just get lost from a distance and look like random squiggles.

Would have rather had them just use that prototype that leaked that was just a navy version of last years city jerseys.

I've seen maybe one person say they like them so far. And that was more of an "eh I kinda like em" everyone else I've talked to or seen on social media thinks they're terrible. (Haven't read through this thread you to see the boards consensus).

I do however dig the court and the shorts by themselves are cool as fashion shorts.

24 minutes ago, VikWings said:

Those Sixers jerseys are terrible. But this is what happens when you let a player design the jersey.

Did it say anywhere that a player designed it?  All I read was that Ben Simmons once tweeted that he'd like to wear a black jersey like the AI ones.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Did it say anywhere that a player designed it?  All I read was that Ben Simmons once tweeted that he'd like to wear a black jersey like the AI ones.

There's a whole ESPN article about how Simmons was involved in the design process with even a few designs that were shot down because "Simmons wanted red in there somewhere, it's his favorite color." Also originally the houses were going to be designed with dots rather than lines but the dots "didn't survive the washing process"

You'll need ESPN+ to read the whole thing but I included the pic of the designs that didn't make the cut.  https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/30277235/ben-simmons-allen-iverson-talk-philadelphia-76ers-new-black-jerseys

r773661_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=570&format=j

I think the middle and right would have been better options. Still waiting for them to put Sixers back on a jersey (The "Suxers" script was better than nothing)

For those who want to see the Iverson throwbacks this was thrown in at the end of the article:

"The team is open to revisiting an Iverson-era throwback. Teams have tended to space out throwback jerseys, and the Sixers last season brought back a slightly modified version of a jersey they used in the 1970-71 campaign. (League rules technically allow teams to use throwback jerseys -- dubbed Classic Editions -- in anniversary seasons in which the anniversary ends in 5 or 0: i.e., 25th or 30th.)"

51 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

They could bring back Iverson throwback for 2021-2022 season because in 2021 they will have 75th anniversary of existence (If we count Syracuse Nationals times).

Btw they know how to make fans furious:

Why not the 76th anniversary? I hope they're planning something extra special for next season!

4 hours ago, CFSB said:

Looks like these are what the new City jerseys will look like for the Celtics. I'm guessing they'll have green trim.

I actually don’t hate this? Then again, I’ve always been a fan of “plain” jerseys

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Archived