On 5/22/2020 at 2:14 PM, -Akronite- said:

Also, I'm sure it's mostly nostalgia goggles for that 7 seconds or less era, but I didn't hate the gray Suns. Still, it's definitely not their best look:

A team called the Suns shouldn't be wearing grey. That they went from purple with a warm orange to yellow gradient to orange and grey was just a travesty. 

I don't know. I think the 2000s were kind of a dark age of NBA uniforms. The 90s were gaudy as hell but hey. They were at least interesting, and you had standouts like the Suns and Jazz. 

The 2000s were just muted colours, everyone doing double blue, and badly recoloured primaries from the last decade. 

I admit I'm not a fan of Nike's disposable alternate uniforms, but the present does seem like a healthy mix of tradition and and colourful, out there concepts. 

7 minutes ago, IceCap said:

A team called the Suns shouldn't be wearing grey. That they went from purple with a warm orange to yellow gradient to orange and grey was just a travesty. 

I don't know. I think the 2000s were kind of a dark age of NBA uniforms. The 90s were gaudy as hell but hey. They were at least interesting, and you had standouts like the Suns and Jazz. 

The 2000s were just muted colours, everyone doing double blue, and badly recoloured primaries from the last decade. 

I admit I'm not a fan of Nike's disposable alternate uniforms, but the present does seem like a healthy mix of tradition and and colourful, out there concepts. 

The Suns were still a purple primary team, they just added an orange alt.

Ultimately, every era has their highs and lows. I won't defend all the lows of the aughts but I didn't think it was fair to paint with such a broad negative brush. I hate shiny fabrics, for instance, but there are still examples of positive development from that period.

I think there are lots of great designs being tried out right now, along with some clunkers, it's just an absolute mess branding wise with so many looks in a free for all system.

5 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

The Suns were still a purple primary team, they just added an orange alt.

My point is that grey was a bad choice for them. It doesn't fit the team's name and was only added because adding grey/silver highlights was a trend at the time. 

5 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Ultimately, every era has their highs and lows. I won't defend all the lows of the aughts but I didn't think it was fair to paint with such a broad negative brush. I hate shiny fabrics, for instance, but there are still examples of positive development from that period.

The standout design from that era, to me, would be the Cavs look. Which could have been the basis for their look forever had they not tinkered with it to death. 

5 hours ago, mike2sana said:

Always thought the Spain game jerseys were amazing.

Never liked that design solution with the flags on the shoulders. I think the Clippers did it better in Russia:

moscow-russian-federation-russias-cska-mmoscow-russian-federation-russias-cska-m

Never realized that those Sixers Europe tour jerseys had both a Catalan flag and a Spanish one. The Clippers barber pole was definitely the best, and was an improvement over their generic side panel of the time.

I also liked the Grizzlies Spain uniform (this is one for the “players in the wrong uniform”)

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, UnclearInitial said:

I also liked the Grizzlies Spain uniform (this is one for the “players in the wrong uniform”)

spacer.png

But Lowry was drafted by Memphis and played his first three years there.

1 hour ago, truepg said:

But Lowry was drafted by Memphis and played his first three years there.

Yeah but he's known for his time in Toronto and adored by Raptors fans, nobody remembers him for a backup role in Memphis. 

1060a_med.jpeg1399255880-3215502467.jpg?v=1399255881P0.jpgs-l300.jpg

Some of these have promise. I weirdly like the suns jersey, has a fresh energy.  I like the raptors one as a Rockets concept lol. But the Twolves is blasphemous.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

What country was the wolves one for?

France I believe 

Wolves was Turkey, they played in that v Efes Pilsen (Now Anadolu Efes).

You've got also Italian Raptors and Celtics:

1759923005_348de05bba_o.jpg

and French Spurs:

1799a_Auc45_lg.jpeg

On 6/1/2020 at 8:34 AM, truepg said:

moscow-russian-federation-russias-cska-m

They got the Russian flag wrong. It’s white-blue-red, not white-red-blue.

32 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Am I crazy, or are the jersey and shorts mixed up? Because I see white-blue-red on the jersey (after the first red stripe), but the shorts are indeed the incorrect pattern you pointed out.

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

and French Spurs:

1799a_Auc45_lg.jpeg

Reminds me of this,

spacer.png

44 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

The jersey was fine, it was the shorts that messed it up. If it had a blue waistband I could have believed it was a mistake to create a C nautical flag, but it’s probably just Clippers Clipping

spacer.png

We talk a lot about douchebags who would buy Irish-themed Celtics jerseys, but man, think of the douchebags who would buy Italian-themed Celtics jerseys. 

At least the Garden is in, or next to, the North End. Boy did that "wow those jerseys are Southie" thing drive me nuts.

The Raptors were the only team to use those European tour jerseys in a real NBA game, right? I’ve been looking and Incant find anyone else.spacer.png