NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

52 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Believe me Pistons, that motor you are talking about sputtered out a long time ago. Stop with the unimaginative Motor City idea.

They really need some fresh blood in the marketing/design department. Hopefully things will get better in the coming years with their new G-League team next year which is taking on the Motor City moniker (presumably removing it from the parent club branding) and the rumored 2022 classic editions of the 90s Teals. Do those things and swap out “Chrome” for the 2000s reds and they’d be relatively set.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/20/2020 at 10:25 AM, njdevs7 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't like those Denver jerseys at all .... They've worn like 7 different color schemes over the past decade and now they add RED?

Why does this alarm you? Red is one of the 3 colors in Denver's primary logo.

Denver Nuggets Reveal New Logo and Uniforms - Logo Designer - Logo Designer

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Portland, Denver, Lauderdale, Tampa, St. Paul, Cleveland, they're all the same building.

That’s not what Mings would say lol

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

@Conrad., I've got question about Jazz and Spurs. Are "Dark Mode" and "Fiesta" uniforms weren't prepared for 18/19 season at first? I went back to 2018 and in April Jazz informed they gonna kept Redrock City's for one more season (then for another one) because of huge popularity around fans.
So if current sets were designed in 2018 that mean setup for 2018/19 should be designed around 2016 right? Anyway I guess it should be before Jazz reached an agreement with nike/nba. Spurs also held Camo uni for 3 seasons but I don't know a reason of that.

Similar question about Grizzlies. Is Stax Records uniform wasn't plan to be use in 19/20 season at first?

2 hours ago, bowld said:

Mashup of three different jerseys, not sure about this one. 

I'd say four. Sides from Flo-Jo's, Pinstripes from "Malice at the Palace", Wordmark from Granger/George era and Numbers from Current jerseys.

4r2eer.png

11 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

I’m really hoping that the gradient pattern will be on the wordmark/numbers, though having them in yellow wouldn’t be so bad, either.

As a Jazz fan, I'm hoping for this is the case (please excuse my crude 2k mockup). Who knows though? 

EmuyFYHUwAAqOC2?format=jpg&name=large

EmuyFYIVEAAuDh3?format=jpg&name=large

52 minutes ago, mgfoxx said:

As a Jazz fan, I'm hoping for this is the case (please excuse my crude 2k mockup). Who knows though? 

EmuyFYHUwAAqOC2?format=jpg&name=large

EmuyFYIVEAAuDh3?format=jpg&name=large

That’s about what I’m expecting as well.

On another note, did you create those Laker uniforms in 2k as well? I really dig those!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

On another note, did you create those Laker uniforms in 2k as well? I really dig those!

I did, thanks! I made new uniforms and logos for every team and even added four new franchises. Most people are excited for the newest 2k for the gameplay, I always am to redesign the entire league.

8 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I'd say four. Sides from Flo-Jo's, Pinstripes from "Malice at the Palace", Wordmark from Granger/George era and Numbers from Current jerseys.

A far as I know, the wordmark and number font used during the Granger/George and the current eras is the same, which is Agency.

8 hours ago, truepg said:

A far as I know, the wordmark and number font used during the Granger/George and the current eras is the same, which is Agency.

Numbers were different, currently Rockets use that font. Wordmark was pretty similar to Agency but not exact. Anyway style of wordmark with that font is just like on Granger/George era jerseys.

4r2eer.png

On 11/21/2020 at 12:13 PM, SFGiants58 said:

As a guy who has lived in Portland and Denver - both arenas are very interchangeable.

Incredibly, they didn’t have the same architect. However, Portland, Boston, and Buffalo all did. Ellerbe Becket designed a BUNCH of arenas that opened around the same time.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

On 11/21/2020 at 4:11 PM, Cujo said:

Why does this alarm you? Red is one of the 3 colors in Denver's primary logo.

Denver Nuggets Reveal New Logo and Uniforms - Logo Designer - Logo Designer

In defense of the guy who seemed surprised at the Nuggets "adding" red...

1. They've only had (or I guess, "reintroduced") red in their color scheme for 2 seasons, and it's not (and never has been) thought of as their main color, so I think that it's more than okay not to know that red is in their color scheme, especially if he's a casual NBA fan.  As far as I know (which isn't extremely far when it comes to the Nuggets' uniform history), they have never had a red uniform.  Red is one of those very bold colors (as opposed to black or gray) where if you see a team that isn't really associated with that color, it can look very "wrong." So, yes, it is kind of jarring to see a red Nuggets jersey, especially to a casual fan.

2.  Red shouldn't be dominant (or maybe even be at all) in their color scheme to begin with, so I actually like the fact that he was thrown off by seeing the Nuggets wearing red.  We need more people to be reacting like that, rather than just accepting all of these shoehorned colors into schemes that continue to dilute what could be strong, consistent, and somewhat unique identities.

3.  With so many NBA teams starting to wear every color of the rainbow in some capacity, it is so hard to keep track of what a team's colors are.  There are a lot of times I am sort of hesitant to make a post that relates to an NBA team's "colors" because they seem to change almost every day and I don't want to make it seem like I don't know what I am talking about when it comes to any particular team's colors.  I was a huge NBA fan up until around 10 years ago, and I am admittedly now a much more casual fan.  But there is a large handful of teams in the league where, if you asked me to name what their true team colors are, I probably would not be able to answer completely correctly because we see so many teams shoehorn in these 3rd, 4th, or 5th colors into their scheme.  The line between their true colors and these "extra" colors keeps getting blurrier and blurrier.  Identity consistency thrown under the bus so that teams can sell more jerseys and make more money.

Archived