NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, sayahh said:

How about changing the team name to Utah RedRocks and giving "Jazz" back to New Orleans?

Besides this being a beaten dead horse suggestion ... the RedRocks name is already used by the University of Utah's nationally recognized gymnastics team.

_AI_4793.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

13 hours ago, sayahh said:

How about changing the team name to Utah RedRocks and giving "Jazz" back to New Orleans?

Denver's Red Rocks Amphitheatre would like to have a word with you...

An audience takes in a rock concert at the Red Rocks Amphitheater, a  naturally formed, world-famous outdoor venue fifteen miles west of Denver  in the town of Morrison | Library of Congress

On that note, I think if the Nuggets wanted to do a red-colored uniform, it should have been something different. I would have loved to see a yellow or royal blue skyline uniform with the current color scheme, or something more in line with a throwback-inspired rainbow skyline. Red Rock Amphitheatre's logo would have made the perfect base for a red uniform:

Homepage - Red Rocks Amphitheatre

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

5 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

On that note, I think if the Nuggets wanted to do a red-colored uniform, it should have been something different. I would have loved to see a yellow or royal blue skyline uniform with the current color scheme, or something more in line with a throwback-inspired rainbow skyline. 

I, too, wish the Nuggets had a royal skyline uni with red/yellow lines instead of the Mile High City Statement uni. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

“Nationally recognized” by who exactly?

Certainly not famous as in “everyone knows who they are”, but within the gymnastics scene they are very, very well known. They’ve been one of the top programs in the nation for years.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

This is an interesting tidbit from a KSL article about the Jazz's new City Jerseys.

"There are other things that we have planned at the league level and at the team level going into next season with it being the 75th anniversary of the NBA. And so that's what's happening next year," Sharp said.

That commemorative season has forced a number of teams to modify their original uniform plans for the 2021-22 season, Sharp said. But he also said he is optimistic what the Jazz can do with the upcoming design and that "it's really exciting."

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, kimball said:

This is an interesting tidbit from a KSL article about the Jazz's new City Jerseys.

NBA Reverse Retro? I'd certainly like to see it, especially if some teams break out some crazier templates. Pistons' horse, Jazz mountains, Raptors' dino, hell even a teal and purple Bobcats jersey would be cool.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Raptors jerseys are cool. The collar and arm holes are weird for me though. I get what it's supposed to be like but it looks like it actually ripped or something

I like the Grizzlies ones too. Makes me disappointed in the pelicans cause the Grizzlies aren't too different in terms of market size and Memphis has a few similarities to New Orleans. No reason the pelicans should be slacking off with the marketing and then come up with a New Orleans flag copy paste uni

IMG-7122.gif

6 minutes ago, PurpleRain said:

Love the Memphis jerseys. They should just ditch the blues and go with the classic colors full-time.

Agree, and the metallic gold really makes it shine too. I even love the pop of bright red on the Nike logos.

The Kente cloth take on the old Vancouver trim (was that meant to be an Pac NW indigenous pattern) is a pretty clever update, but I think shoehorning it onto a Stax uniform maybe shoves the whole ensemble into busy territory. Also could do without the whole story of a dead guy, but that's the City program for you.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived