NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

dont want to be that guy but the warriors is technically slate.  

Here is the CCSLC article that has the '19-'20 "The Town" City Edition Warriors jersey that notes it as 'black':

CCSLC - Golden State Warriors Unveil Six New Uniforms for 2019-20

@mgfoxx you may want to update your post.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

5 minutes ago, alecgoff said:

Some may say that they aren't a professional franchise, but the Knicks haven't worn a black uniform.

Yet...

spacer.png

Also this logic means that the pelicans and pacers are the most professional teams?

Excellent!

There you go - that's the worst jersey in professional sports.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

Yeah, insane.

EnrXx4mXMAcHwa8?format=jpg&name=large

Acceptable Teams (because black is more than a trim): Toronto, San Antonio, Sacramento, Portland, Orlando, Miami, Chicago and Brooklyn.

Okay, sure that works: Washington, Phoenix, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Memphis, LA Clippers, Houston, Cleveland, Charlotte and Atlanta.

Um, that's pushing it: Philadelphia, LA Lakers, Golden State, Denver and Dallas.

Oh, hell no ... : Utah, Detroit, Boston and New York (more for the design than anything, though black could work with the current design)

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

11 minutes ago, kimball said:

Acceptable Teams (because black is more than a trim): Toronto, San Antonio, Sacramento, Portland, Orlando, Miami, Chicago and Brooklyn.

Okay, sure that works: Washington, Phoenix, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Memphis, LA Clippers, Houston, Cleveland, Charlotte and Atlanta.

Um, that's pushing it: Philadelphia, LA Lakers, Golden State, Denver and Dallas.

Oh, hell no ... : Utah, Detroit, Boston and New York (more for the design than anything, though black could work with the current design)

I'd argue it only works for the teams in the top row. Nothing is worse than teams including a black uniform when they don't need to, which describes every team in below the top row. What's even more infuriating is when it's not an official color and the jersey is quite literally BFBS. If it's not part of the team's official color palette, it shouldn't be the base of a jersey.

the user formerly known as cdclt

As a kid at the time, I never thought anything of that Jazz black alternate. It was just “there” to me. Now I look back on it and don’t know what in the world they were thinking; they had all the other colors to choose from if they had to have an alt (sky blue, teal, even copper), and they went with black? I really wish they hadn’t done it.

Also something I realized not that long ago - for a while there, especially the couple years when they wore the black alternate on the road A LOT - they were kind of the NBA’s equivalent of the Diamondbacks: purple-teal/turquoise-copper heavy at home, and black-purple-copper heavy on the road. The alt was never the official road set, but it was kind of the de facto one for a time.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

5 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Wasn't Detroit Motor City  uniform in this picture navy???

They say black but that back of the jersey and shorts CLEARLY look navy.

That's the lighting. The jersey is 100% black.

spacer.png

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 hours ago, QCS said:

I'd argue it only works for the teams in the top row. Nothing is worse than teams including a black uniform when they don't need to, which describes every team in below the top row. What's even more infuriating is when it's not an official color and the jersey is quite literally BFBS. If it's not part of the team's official color palette, it shouldn't be the base of a jersey.

I totally get that argument. For me, some black jerseys work because certain colors pop better off a black base. I'm fine with that. But, for some teams it just doesn't work because of tradition, colors or design.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

57 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

As a kid at the time, I never thought anything of that Jazz black alternate. It was just “there” to me. Now I look back on it and don’t know what in the world they were thinking; they had all the other colors to choose from if they had to have an alt (sky blue, teal, even copper), and they went with black? I really wish they hadn’t done it.

Also something I realized not that long ago - for a while there, especially the couple years when they wore the black alternate on the road A LOT - they were kind of the NBA’s equivalent of the Diamondbacks: purple-teal/turquoise-copper heavy at home, and black-purple-copper heavy on the road. The alt was never the official road set, but it was kind of the de facto one for a time.

Yeah, I was the same. I want to say they wore it, what felt exclusive, around 2001-03ish? Seeing Stockton and Malone in the mountain jerseys was weird for me at first, but got used to it fairly quickly. Even though they wore the black alts for five years it still doesn't look right. Never will.

IRC, when they were designing the jersey they wanted a copper base jersey at first, but it looked too pink? 

kimball banner.png

4 hours ago, QCS said:

How did it work for the Cavs, who's colors were wine, gold, and navy?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, BBTV said:

How did it work for the Cavs, who's colors were wine, gold, and navy?

Top row of this: 

4 hours ago, kimball said:

So no, it 100% did not work for Cleveland

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

18 minutes ago, Digby said:

In the current Cavs branding the black is a better tertiary color than the navy, I’d argue. Maybe not the last branding. At any rate they should pick one already.

If I had my way they'd drop both but black pairs better with the wine, easily. 

Archived