NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that aesthetically, black shouldn't be shoehorned into most NBA branding, but at this point, the inevitability of black has made me kind of excited for the new designs. In the NBA it almost feels like black uniforms are a right of passage or something. Obviously I don't think every uniform works (see the New York Knickerbockers), but it would be interesting to see if every team could manage a really good black alternate uniform. @eibram has some awesome retro remix concepts that are definitely worth checking out. I like the way these Knicks uniforms look. 

Requests-2-01.png

Not that it really matters because NBA team branding is just whatever you want it to be at any given moment, but if I were in charge of the next Grizzlies rebrand, it would 100% be based around that new city uniform. Is it the city? All of the names are confusing to me because I'm elderly now.

3 hours ago, TheRealPepman said:

Thanks for that. All clear now. 

It'd be nice if the Pacers get Black unis in the future though.

Your welcome :)

Earned jersey is still to come for Pacers so who knows which color is gonna has (My pick is yellow).

4r2eer.png

On 11/25/2020 at 2:13 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

Also something I realized not that long ago - for a while there, especially the couple years when they wore the black alternate on the road A LOT - they were kind of the NBA’s equivalent of the Diamondbacks: purple-teal/turquoise-copper heavy at home, and black-purple-copper heavy on the road. The alt was never the official road set, but it was kind of the de facto one for a time.

By 2004 I don't remember them wearing the purple roads at all. Those were basically the alternate, yeah.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 11/26/2020 at 8:51 AM, dont care said:

Uh that’s navy bro.

For the Pacers, from the Flo-Jo era to the present, the navy has always photographed as more of a black. It’s really difficult to see the navy unless it’s up-close and in-person or an image is super saturated (think basketball cards). It’s the only team using navy as its primary color that has had that effect.

Archived