NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN has a good write up on the Heat uniform.

Since it’s paywalled, some takeaways: this a wrap for the color scheme as a yearly release, though they hinted that the NBA may be allowing teams to make these city editions part of permanent rotations. The Heat have no intention of overhauling their red/white/black identity in favor of a Vice look, despite its enormous popularity. The Heat have brought in 5 times more revenue from the Vice line than they did from merch in all 3 championship seasons combined. 

I didn’t really like how bold it was initially, but reading about the Heat’s thought process made me appreciate it more. They didn’t want to end with just another color switch last year, so they made the finale as bold as possible. It also pointed out that the lateral gradient will make the team appear to be wearing pink when running one direction then blue when running the other, which is obvious but hadn’t clicked for me yet. Should be cool. A really successful campaign on their part. 

PJU85JF.png

I think the angled MILWAUKEE wordmark looks better than the regular one.

2021-cityedition-feature-4.jpg

Although that's certainly helped by the dark outline - cream outlines on white numbers/letters was never a great choice.

636379483212189061-Bucks-Nike-Uniforms.j

Still, something about the upwards angle looks really, really good.   

11 minutes ago, alxy8s said:

The Heat have brought in 5 times more revenue from the Vice line than they did from merch in all 3 championship seasons combined.

ding ding ding ding. We know that's why the entire program exists but it's nice to see actual numbers even hinted at for a change. We overlook it on this board but almost each of these uniforms has an entire new line of merchandise dropped alongside it. In fairness, even most of the awful City uniforms have better designs than your average dime-store touristy championship shirt.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

3 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

This one or Mecca inspired? Which one was worse? I can't decide.

You mis-spelled "better". 😛 

I really wish teams wouldn't go outside their color palette.  But if they're going to go wild, might as well go wild.  And by that standard, those are both good uniforms.

This is interesting 

I’m guessing it’s meant to look as if there are some splotches of water on the surface on the numbers more than the numbers themselves looking wet. If the intention was to appear wet they should have just used a fabric that showed sweat. 
in all the colors the Bucks have paired with green throughout the years this is the first time there’s no green on a Bucks uniform.

LOVE the Pacers. That Indiana flag backboard logo is great, the pinstripes aren’t my favorite set of theirs but it’s better than the wheat fields stuff. In navy blue it would be a huge upgrade over their past two sets

07Giants.pngnyy.png

14 minutes ago, UnclearInitial said:

This is interesting 

I’m guessing it’s meant to look as if there are some splotches of water on the surface on the numbers more than the numbers themselves looking wet. If the intention was to appear wet they should have just used a fabric that showed sweat

I think the effect they're going for is not "this fabric got wet" but rather "this fabric shimmers like water."

7 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

The Bucks’ unis look like a mediocre fan concept.

It's a bit like "Utah had a sunset gradient, so what if Milwaukee had a lake gradient" -- but the wavey bits ruin the effect and it just kind of looks blocky and bad. Also I wish the Bucks would just stop trying to make blue happen -- it's a nice shade of the color but it doesn't suit them. No shortage of teams play near water, that's how human settlement has historically worked, not everyone needs blue. I do agree that the straight version of that wordmark looks surprisingly nice though, in general I find angled wordmarks like that to be underused and underrated.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, mbannon92 said:

Pacers City Uniform has officially been revealed...

spacer.png

More images and a video on Pacers.com/City

I actually really like these! It's less busy than the original pinstripe unis and their 5 stripe collars and double outlines on the wordmark and numbers, and the side panel design adds a touch of FloJo flair. I actually wouldn't mind it if they moved to this as their regular set - just need a white and yellow version.

Also, I'm definitely going to need to acquire a shirt with this logo on it:

spacer.png

I will be copping those Indiana unis and shorts!!! 

Milwaukee actually did a great job with their design and execution. Its not the best but waaaay better than the trash we've been getting. It takes a risk and doesn't sink completely IMO.

@Conrad. Trix yogurt. Can't unsee now! Haha hate you for this.

EoKiIuPVEAAYbNv?format=jpg&name=small

EoKiI0GVoAAeOxj?format=jpg&name=medium

Court looks nice tho!

shado_logo.gif

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThomasAwful/status/718889068365488128

Still one of the saddest, truest things ever written. The Bucks would do better with a more yellowish gold or even red.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Archived