NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Heat's cool but the gradient would be better as maybe a diagonal? Also the numbers might be hard to read from far away. 

They said this is the last of the vice uniform. Does this mean the end of all City jerseys?

Correct me if I’m wrong but last year’s behind the scenes for the Vice uniforms didn’t a woman say “we already know what’s coming after Vice” and that it was even better and they were really excited about it?

54 minutes ago, Justpassingby said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but last year’s behind the scenes for the Vice uniforms didn’t a woman say “we already know what’s coming after Vice” and that it was even better and they were really excited about it?

I'd love a full-on South Beach uniform

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

3 hours ago, Discogod said:

Milwaukee's reluctance to wholeheartedly embrace the Irish Rainbow is possibly the most disappointing thing about the whole City uniform debacle. 

I’ve got it as the Lakers refusal to do anything to celebrate the city of Los Angeles, and instead celebrate themselves with the LORE Series of celebrating past legends. It’s arrogant and truly disheartening for me. Would be nice to have an actual “city” uniform

7 hours ago, alxy8s said:

ESPN has a good write up on the Heat uniform.

Since it’s paywalled, some takeaways: this a wrap for the color scheme as a yearly release, though they hinted that the NBA may be allowing teams to make these city editions part of permanent rotations. The Heat have no intention of overhauling their red/white/black identity in favor of a Vice look, despite its enormous popularity. The Heat have brought in 5 times more revenue from the Vice line than they did from merch in all 3 championship seasons combined. 

I didn’t really like how bold it was initially, but reading about the Heat’s thought process made me appreciate it more. They didn’t want to end with just another color switch last year, so they made the finale as bold as possible. It also pointed out that the lateral gradient will make the team appear to be wearing pink when running one direction then blue when running the other, which is obvious but hadn’t clicked for me yet. Should be cool. A really successful campaign on their part. 

They will have "Vice Violet" gear released Thursday at midnight.

They were going to have a gradient logo and pink numbers on a white jersey.  I like that better.  They also tried white text on the gradients, but it didn't stand out enough.  The black darkens it for me, I like black only as a background color.

LOVE the gradient court!

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

9 hours ago, alxy8s said:

It also pointed out that the lateral gradient will make the team appear to be wearing pink when running one direction then blue when running the other

It would only really work if you were looking at it from the side.  For that, there needs to be fans in the stands (good luck with that) or they need that rolling floor level TV camera they used in the Florida bubble (which was awesome I think).

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

9 hours ago, d11king said:

I’ve got it as the Lakers refusal to do anything to celebrate the city of Los Angeles, and instead celebrate themselves with the LORE Series of celebrating past legends. It’s arrogant and truly disheartening for me. Would be nice to have an actual “city” uniform

Eh. I'm fine with it. I think it's a fun way to celebrate the many HOFers in their franchise. Plus, with two franchises in LA there's really so much you can do before themes and ideas dry up. Don't get me wrong there's plenty you can do, but year after year that could add up fast. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

15 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Here's a bigger look at the complete Bucks uni.

2021-cityedition-uniforms.jpg

I'm not a fan of teams making uniforms with no color continuity with the rest of their uniforms. I'll give a pass to historical alternates, but I am not a fan of this trend.

Just now, WSU151 said:

Do all teams have earned? Seems like a quick turnaround for just playoff teams. 

The way I understand it, every team has an Earned jersey designed, but they're only used if the team makes the playoffs.

the user formerly known as cdclt

20 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

I would say this new one is worse. Only because the Mecca-inspired city uniform gave birth to the outstanding Earned set that came after it. I miss that one so much.

I like Earned uniform too, much more than City. Btw Bucks is another sponsorless team at this moment.

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

No, and no. 

We should be afraid or not?

4r2eer.png

Archived