Sign in to follow this  
dcameronh

NWHL Toronto Six - New Team/Branding

The name is a little hard to design around so it's not that bad. The colors are what you'd expect. 

Nothing appeals to Toronto hockey fans quite like Ottawa Senators colours

The Six could be the worst name for a team ever.

I think they could have stopped the 6 from connecting at the top to separate the T and the 6, but I do like the Leaf. I like this name because my friend and I had a “Toronto Six” team in our completely custom league for NHL 17 through 19. It was mostly a joke league so there’s that. I will buy a shirt and claim we willed it into existence. 

Drake reaches another level of influence.

Remind me why Toronto is called the 6?

Also, will they be called the Toronto 5 when killing a penalty?  Or will we hear "Penalty on the Toronto 7 for too many women on the ice".

Someone needs to come up with some way to do a canadian sports team logo without forcing a leaf in there.  Why is that necessary?

The only major example I can think of that skipped the leaf was the Expos.

7 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Remind me why Toronto is called the 6?

Also, will they be called the Toronto 5 when killing a penalty?  Or will we hear "Penalty on the Toronto 7 for too many women on the ice".

Someone needs to come up with some way to do a canadian sports team logo without forcing a leaf in there.  Why is that necessary?

The only major example I can think of that skipped the leaf was the Expos.

Toronto is the six basically because drake nicknamed them as such. Google says that it combines the common number between the two area codes.

2 minutes ago, Krz said:

Toronto is the six basically because drake nicknamed them as such. Google says that it combines the common number between the two area codes.

That's... it?  Pretty silly for tons of reasons, but also because it's 2020 and area codes don't really mean anything to anyone.  It's not like you even know anyone's number, and if it's a cell phone, it could have any area code.

By that logic, let's find Philadelphia's Drake nickname:

The city uses two

215, 267, so I guess that makes us the 2?  But Wikipedia says that 445 also overlays those, so that shoots that to hell.

484 and 610 are the immediate suburbs, so wouldn't want to leave them out.  So by my calculations, 215*267*445/(484+610) = stupid.

I hate this less than I should. My first thought was six players (five skaters and a goalie), and the double meaning, while "trendy", it's not the Kraken. It gives me Ottawa Silver Seven vibes.

*Rolls his eyes* This definately gets classified under the wth of wtf category...

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That's... it?  Pretty silly for tons of reasons, but also because it's 2020 and area codes don't really mean anything to anyone.  It's not like you even know anyone's number, and if it's a cell phone, it could have any area code.

The city uses two

215, 267, so I guess that makes us the 2?  But Wikipedia says that 445 also overlays those, so that shoots that to hell.

484 and 610 are the immediate suburbs, so wouldn't want to leave them out.  So by my calculations, 215*267*445/(484+610) = stupid.

Believe it also has to do with the 1998 amalgamation of Toronto when the 6 different boroughs became one city.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/01/01/19-years-ago-torontos-six-boroughs-amalgamated.html

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The city uses two

I can tell you that for plenty of people from urban neighborhoods the area code means a lot. You may find it silly, but it’s definitely a point of pride for many people.