pollux

LOGOLYMPIAD X - EVENT 2 - Alternate Uniform

Recommended Posts

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

For the second event, you have to create an alternate soccer uniform for one of the current teams from the Russian Premier League. Available teams are: Zenit, Spartak, Rostov, Kr. Sovetov, Lokomotiv, Arsenal Tula, Ural, UFA, Krasnodar, Orenburg, Rubin, Tambov, PFC CSKA, Akhmat, Dynamo, or Sochi.

 

Requirements

 

  • You must work with the existing colors for the team. Do not add a completely new color. Accepted colors are the ones on the logo, plus white.
  • Sublimation is allowed. You can use a darker or lighter shade of an existing color.
  • You must submit a jersey, shorts, and socks for your alternate uniform.
  • You must display the front and the back of the jersey on your submission.
  • Use a template showing the set as if it was laying flat on a surface. Do NOT submit your entry on a 3D template, as it will be disqualified.
  • Include the current primary logo of the team in your submission as a reference. The primary logo should not take more than 150px by 150px on the submission, as it is not the focus of the event here.

 

Deadline: Friday, May 29th, 11:59AM Eastern Time

 

Guidelines for submitting your entry

 

Failure to follow the guidelines could result in your entry being inadvertently (or intentionally) excluded from judging.

 

Entries must be emailed to logolympiad (at) gmail (dot) com prior to the set deadline. Subject line should be the event number (Ex: Event 1). Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

 

Entries must be submitted as .jpg, .gif, or .png formats. The file name format of the submission is: event#_yourusername.extension (Ex: event1_pollux.png). The file must be attached to your email.

 

All final entries must be 1200x800 pixels with at least 100 pixels of white space at the bottom of the image. This means that your presentation has to fit in an 1200x700 pixels window (1200 pixels wide by 700 pixels high). I will NOT resize entries that are not properly done, so make sure it’s right.

 

The background of the entries should be solid white, unless otherwise specified. You must not use gradients, shadows, patterns, lines, etc. on your background.

 

Do not add any text, like labels, or images to your submission, unless otherwise specified. Do not add the team name, location, entry number, event type, etc.

 

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for judging. I will also provide each entry with a number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes their identity or the identity of anyone else will be DQ’d.

 

You should receive an automatic reply once you submit your entry. If you don’t receive one, please PM me directly. If I see an issue with the format of your submission, I will contact you giving you a chance to resubmit. I will NOT, however, comment on the content of the submission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a doubt. It is common for teams to carry advertising in soccer jerseys. Should we respect the advertising carried by the equipment we choose or can we eliminate it if the design asks us to?
Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Josef_Bretones said:

I have a doubt. It is common for teams to carry advertising in soccer jerseys. Should we respect the advertising carried by the equipment we choose or can we eliminate it if the design asks us to?
Thank you.

 

You can keep the advertising on the jersey, although it is not a requirement. So it's up to you if you want it there or not. I will not disqualify anyone if they have advertisement, and I will not disqualify anyone if it's not there.

 

Also, I don't keep track of the manufacturer, so if you put Puma or Nike and the usual manufacturer is Adidas, you won't be disqualified either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pollux said:

 

You can keep the advertising on the jersey, although it is not a requirement. So it's up to you if you want it there or not. I will not disqualify anyone if they have advertisement, and I will not disqualify anyone if it's not there.

 

Also, I don't keep track of the manufacturer, so if you put Puma or Nike and the usual manufacturer is Adidas, you won't be disqualified either.

Great!
Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You say include the current primary logo as a reference. Does this mean we are able to make a new one for the uniform?

 

Edit: Also, many of the logos and teams on the mothership are really out of date. One of the teams I am considering doing has updated their logo in the time since it was added to the main site. 

Edited by GriffinM6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

You say include the current primary logo as a reference. Does this mean we are able to make a new one for the uniform?

 

Edit: Also, many of the logos and teams on the mothership are really out of date. One of the teams I am considering doing has updated their logo in the time since it was added to the main site. 

 

You're right. I went quickly over the logos, thinking that the 16 displayed on the mother site were the same 16 teams currently playing in the league. I will update the original post with a list of possible teams and a better link.

 

In short, the following teams are available: https://eng.premierliga.ru/clubs, under Season 2019/2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

You say include the current primary logo as a reference. Does this mean we are able to make a new one for the uniform?

 

Edit: Also, many of the logos and teams on the mothership are really out of date. One of the teams I am considering doing has updated their logo in the time since it was added to the main site. 

 

To answer your original question: No, don't make a new logo for the uniform. It's not the goal of the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologize, but I have one more question. Are we allowed to put the RPL league logo on the uniform anywhere? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

I apologize, but I have one more question. Are we allowed to put the RPL league logo on the uniform anywhere? 

 

Out of curiousity, I did a search, and it doesn't look like they normally have a league patch; or, at least, not that I could tell.

I'm a little confused about the color limitations; if this is an alternate kit, wouldn't using only the team's normal colors be kind of the antithesis of that, given how kits in soccer normally work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

I apologize, but I have one more question. Are we allowed to put the RPL league logo on the uniform anywhere? 

 

You can, but again, this is not the focus of the event. The alternate uniform is what's important here.

 

31 minutes ago, -kj said:

I'm a little confused about the color limitations; if this is an alternate kit, wouldn't using only the team's normal colors be kind of the antithesis of that, given how kits in soccer normally work?

 

I thought about that when creating the event, but I still wanted to have an alternate uniform that uses the teams' colors. There's still a lot you can do design-wise while using a limited set of colors. So see this as a constraint for the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is looking for high-quality versions of logos-

 

I've found that if you go to https://eng.premierliga.ru/clubs, right-click the logo you want, then save the image. I've found that most, if not, all of the logos on the site are .svg's and import really well to Illustrator/Photoshop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another color question.

 

It’s not uncommon for soccer teams to wear colors in their home jersey that aren’t in their logo. Russia has a couple of these — Krylia Sovetov’s crest is royal blue, but their jerseys are light and navy blue; Sochi’s logo is primarily navy blue, but their kits are white and royal blue.

 

As the requirements are written, a submission for either of these clubs would have to omit the primary jersey color of the club. Is this scenario in line with your expectations for a reasonable constraint?

 

(EDIT: Ditto to some degree for Rubin Kazan, who have traditionally used green as a club color but omitted it from their most recent logo update.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crashcarson15 said:

Another color question.

 

It’s not uncommon for soccer teams to wear colors in their home jersey that aren’t in their logo. Russia has a couple of these — Krylia Sovetov’s crest is royal blue, but their jerseys are light and navy blue; Sochi’s logo is primarily navy blue, but their kits are white and royal blue.

 

As the requirements are written, a submission for either of these clubs would have to omit the primary jersey color of the club. Is this scenario in line with your expectations for a reasonable constraint?

 

(EDIT: Ditto to some degree for Rubin Kazan, who have traditionally used green as a club color but omitted it from their most recent logo update.)

 

Short answer is: yes, for some teams, you have to omit the current primary jersey color. I am fully aware that some teams use other colors that are not in their logo. I actually like that myself. But for the sake of this event, this is a constraint.

 

On my side, it would also be difficult to ensure that all colors provided are coming from a team's kits. I wouldn't want to disqualify someone on what I interpret as a color not in the team's palette, while it could be proven otherwise. So to minimize that risk, only the colors from the team logos are allowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we need to include the home and away kits in any capacity--even something as simple as how Wikipedia displays kits on a team page? It'd be more as a reference to the voter.

 

EDIT: I realize that would be a lot to do for a submission, but also thought it might be worth a look at the home and away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jdp said:

Do we need to include the home and away kits in any capacity--even something as simple as how Wikipedia displays kits on a team page? It'd be more as a reference to the voter.

 

EDIT: I realize that would be a lot to do for a submission, but also thought it might be worth a look at the home and away.

 

No. Only submit a single kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a requirement for a NOB?  Also, does the primary logo need to be the logo on the uniform?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, packerfan21396 said:

Is there a requirement for a NOB?  Also, does the primary logo need to be the logo on the uniform?

 

No requirement for the numbers on the back, though it would bring the kit together if you add some.

 

The primary doesn't need to be on the uniform, but again, it would make sense to have it on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pollux said:

 

No requirement for the numbers on the back, though it would bring the kit together if you add some.

 

The primary doesn't need to be on the uniform, but again, it would make sense to have it on.

Sorry, meant name on back and meant not having the primary logo, but having a different logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, packerfan21396 said:

Sorry, meant name on back and meant not having the primary logo, but having a different logo.

 

Same as numbers on back - not mandatory, though it would be nice to have them.

 

No to a different logo. Keep the current one as is. Don't create another logo, it's not the goal of the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question from a PM:

 

Quote

So for my alt uniform I'd like to do a throwback alt, so would it be okay to recreate a previous logo?

 

No. Stick with the current logo. Again, the logo is not the goal of the event, but the alternate uniform is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.