New Toucan Sam

Krz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an anime character.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Weird mouth placement.

Bu whatever, I don't really care, I haven't had froot loops since I was young, so I could care less what it looks like now.

And its not ruining my childhood like so many headlines are saying, since last I checked kelloggs didn't change my memories of eating the stupid cereal when I was a kid.

CvqAghFWEAAEDem.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I actually like the new art style rather than the weird psuedo live-action toucan that looks like it belongs in a children's movie from 2005. That being said, there's too much going on in his beak. They should have stayed with the pink/orange/red color scheme rather than going full rainbow. 

You'll be able to read my 10,000-word blog post "The Dark Cathedral, The New Toucan Sam, And The Emergent Decadence Of Neoliberal Degeneracy In Breakfast Cereal" any day now at aristotleinrepose.wordpress.com

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 5/23/2020 at 8:17 AM, Krz said:

Old is on the left, new is on the right.

spacer.png

Honestly this is terrible.

hqdefault.jpg

To me, it's obviously a downgrade, but I have memory-driven ties to the character and thus a nostalgic bias.  While I don't think the new Toucan Sam will sell much more cereal, maybe kids will generate their own nostalgia to the character.  

It sucks, but things change.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 hours ago, CherryMX said:

To me, it's obviously a downgrade, but I have memory-driven ties to the character and thus a nostalgic bias.  While I don't think the new Toucan Sam will sell much more cereal, maybe kids will generate their own nostalgia to the character.  

It sucks, but things change.

This.

If you're commenting in this thread, you're not the target audience for Toucan Sam. Toucan Sam has changed quite significantly over the years, and you're likely attached to the one that was on the Froot Loops box when you were a kid.

Which one is "correct?"

DvyLIKLWwAAfSZ_?format=jpg&name=small

d4edd9c4cdbbccf0806102f68c493576.jpg

DvySB4nXQAA89Vp.jpg

toucan-sam-breakfast-cereal-froot-loops-

Answer: All of them.

Things change, deal with it. Not everything is an outrage, especially not a redesign of a cereal cartoon character. Do I particularly like it? No - but it's not meant for me.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived