New (Old) Canada Jerseys!

NickNickNick

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually loving it. I don't know know why, but I want to buy one. This is more like Boston yellow, which I like, than Nashville puke, which is ugly.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Wow, those are more hideous in action.

And what happened to the US wearing their "retro-inspired" jerseys? Granted, those suck too.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Wow, those are more hideous in action.

And what happened to the US wearing their "retro-inspired" jerseys? Granted, those suck too.

exactly what i was wondering- maybe its cause their is no white version of their retro blue jerseys. I personally love the usa's retro blues. However I think team usa should just wear the 1980 jerseys for every international event- especially witht he blue nameplate on the white jersey!

signature.gif

However I think team usa should just wear the 1980 jerseys for every international event- especially witht he blue nameplate on the white jersey!

Dear god no.

Especially not with the contrasting nameplate. Gross.

The jerseys they wore in 2002, and wore against Canada in those pictures, are great jerseys.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

ugh...those retros were absolutely hideous :wacko:

I wonder if they will be availible in the WCOH for NHL 2005,since there using the authentic jerseys :therock:

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

fellas relax these are replicas of Canadas first Olympic Gold back in 1920... they didnt have much fashion sense back then... could they have done a differnt colour than yellow yes... but then whats the historic signifigance, and whats wrong with Canada on their back... hockey is about the team not the individual and besides thats what was on the back in 1920... so dont think of this as a fashion statement, but as a nod to our hockey heritage... we'll be back in the 2002 Gold Medal version soon enough

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

But the name plate all saying Canada??? no way...

I didn't like that either. I'd rather have seen them go nameless than have the country name on the back of the sweater. Something tells me that the original 1920 jerseys didn't have player names on the back:

1114hockey1920-v2.jpg

Also, here is the Pepsi can mentioned in a previous thread:

dietpepsi01.jpg

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

the Canada Steelers actually didn't look that bad out there. You figure the USA throwback blues will be worn against either Russia or Slovakia.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

http://www.canadianhockey.ca/e/teams/mens/...news/wc011.html

?Canada has a long-standing history of great success in International competition and we are again honouring the past by wearing this vintage jersey of the 1920 Winnipeg Falcons, a team that defied the odds and earned gold,? said Bob Nicholson, President, Hockey Canada. ?These historic jerseys honour not only the 1920 team, but also every past Canadian international hockey team, men?s and women?s, and every player, coach and fan that has ever been a part of Team Canada?s tradition of hockey excellence.?

I was about to completely go off on this move by Hockey Canada. They are constantly wearing these retro jerseys as a "tribute" to their past, when we all know what it really is: A blatant cash-grab with a jersey that is just another addition to the gazillion current and retro Canada Hockey jerseys flooding the market. And we lap it right up in Canada.

However, I guess I have to somewhat hold off my criticism on this one, because, as I read on, I discover:

Hockey Canada will allocate the royalty proceeds from each jersey sold to a name fund within the ?Canadian Hockey Foundation?, recognizing the 1920 Winnipeg Falcons.  The Canadian Hockey Foundation provides secure, sustainable, long term funding to support the future development and delivery of Hockey Canada programs, projects, and activities.

So at least it's going towards a cause and is not for profit. But still, I've really had it with Canada Hockey and their retro jerseys. It's become very contrived.

There is a shoulder patch I saw while watching the game, it looked hella retro but I couldn't read what it said. It's the black one with yellow writing. Anyone have any ideas?

it said Winnipeg Falcons

I thought I saw the word Winnipeg. Any idea why? Thanks Chris btw.

i may be wrong, but i think the original team who won gold WAS the winnipeg falcons entire roster... hence why the ugly ugly jerseys are yellow and black, and not canada's colors.

but anyway, i normally dislike how canada uses so much black, when it's not in their flag... this makes me accept black team canada's jerseys a lot more.... but still, if sweden can get by with wearing only flag colors, surely canada could pull off something cool... at least they have white at their disposal.

and i think more canadians would hate this jersey, if they'd lost tonight :) but anytime they beat up on us poor yanks, they cherish everything about the experience :)

Archived