MLB uni/logo series by mcrosby - CWS, CHC 5/25

mcrosby

I've been toying around with the Brewers new look since ending my NFL series. Like @packerfan21396 I went with a matching Brewers script for the home. For both home and away sripts I've added a barley 'tail'. I also abandoned white altogether. The 'tradition' uniform is a take on the 1903 Milwaukee Brewers. The 'home plate' uniform is the MLB version of the NBA's City Edition jerseys. I tried it with blue between the bricks but it was WAY too busy. Let me know what you think. 

Uniform template by @rsaline

fFj7XEj.png

I really like what you’re going for here! The barley tail brings a lot of personality to the set. The tradition fauxback is really cool, too. I’d love to see what you’d do in that department with other teams! My suggestions for this concept would be on the home plate set, I think the font is a bit hard to read on the player nameplate, and I’m not sure it works on the numbers either (though it looks great elsewhere). I wonder if there’s some way it could be modified somehow to read a little better so you can still keep the Germanic character of the set. The “MKE” is a bit too wide on the cap too, I think the “M” would work just fine. Since you’ve already got “Cream City” on the front repping Milwaukee, I don’t think the MKE is necessary as well. 

Great work and nice ideas! 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I miss baseball too much to not make this a series. Here come the clubs from New York City. 

First up, the Amazin' Mets. Home and away are pretty straightforward. I've cleaned up some minor issues with the Mets script. The Tradition uni harkens back to the 1916 NY Giants and uses a fauxback Mets script I made a few years ago. The Home Plate uni will be perfect for every Subway Series.

Bj6MNL8.png

I've updated the NY monogram for the Yankees and kept it the same across all applications. The home is essentially untouched and the away gets sublimated pinstripes to match. The Tradition uni throws it way back to the NY Highlanders and has a design to evoke the collared jerseys of yore. The Home Plate uni uses elements of Yankee Stadium and the clubs equally famous nickname. 

Cj0JBxy.png

Stay tuned for more. As you may have noticed, I'm not a big fan of gray jerseys, I just think teams could do better. I'm trying to do at least a little bit of logo updating as well as uniforms, but there are quite a few MLB logos that are dang near perfect or otherwise untouchable. 

This is a very intriguing start! I love the Mets’ “Home Plate” uniform, that’s definitely my favorite so far. I’m looking forward to seeing your ideas for non-gray road uniforms, as well!

Brewers: the barley tail is genius. It’s a perfect fit for Brewers. The cream home helped them out of home white program. 
I love it. The traditional is just beautiful. I agree with @FinsUp1214. There’s wrong with the home plate. the font is difficult to read on the nameplate. They’ll become blurry in television and even at the stadium. And “MKE” is too thick for a cap logo. 

Mets: Beautiful concept! The all uniforms are great, especially the home plate! No complaints for that. 

Yankees: I hate the Yankees, but the concept is pretty nice.  Although, I realized they are bit too plain. Maybe add their logo on sleeve? 

If you aren’t a fan of grey uniforms, why don’t try tint-colour greys for each team’s away uniforms? Like blue-tint for Blue Jays, Mets, Brewers and purple-tint for Rockies. It’s will become unique. 

I’m never a fan of coloured road uniforms even. 
Note the white pants, even the home wearing white. That’ll cause a massive confusion. The fans will thinking whose is the home or the away. Like Nippon Professional Baseball(NPB), most of teams had a colored jersey for road. I’m never a fan of that.  

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

We've got NY covered let's head to the second city with two clubs: Second City. I started out with the White Sox logo I had done a few years back and never finished up a uniform set for. I went with dark pants with the away, a baseball sin, because I loved the Sox all black look from last year (last year? what year is it?). Aside from that, home and away are pretty standard, the script on the away has a new Chicago star dotting the i. The Tradition combines eras, something I'll do for most of these. The Home Plate uses former Sox colors and a chest/sleeve strip to show off the Chicago flag. 

XSOi4pN.png

The Losers are next, again home and away stay pretty true to normal, with a small tweak for the logo. The Tradition (which I'm seeing now looks a whole lot like the Sox Tradition) combines a bunch of eras. I love the old bear with bat and feel like it needs to be more prominent in the Cubbies identity. The Home Plate gets real weird, and might be the most out there I get with any of these. The brick and ivy and yellow painted as perfect camouflage for players in the shift. Batters will have no idea where to hit the ball. 

ELoKN0N.png

AWESOME work on both Sox and Cubs. Your updated Cubs primary logo is fantastic, by the way. The ivy themed set is an idea I’ve always wanted to try but I think you pretty much nailed it.

My only suggestions would be to add a touch of red to the Cubs’ Tradition design to set it apart from the Sox one, and I think the Sox Home Plate jersey would work better as a pullover. 

Regarding the White Sox set, as much as I love the creation of a sock shape in the main logo's negative space, I would look for a way to make the "O" in that emblem look more symmetrical and less like a "D".

As for the Cubs set, I would have the "UBS" in the main logo be in a font that is much less ornate and has a style that is more compatible with the round sans-serif "C".  Also, I would use the same version of the main logo in both the home and away uniforms; as things stand now, it seems that the away uni is utilizing the current real-world Cubs emblem while the home uni features the altered design for that symbol.  With that said, I am definitely glad that the bear-with-a-bat has been incorporated into one of those unis.

When it comes to both of the Chicago teams, I love how stylish the Home Plate uniforms are; both designs fit those teams' respective histories, cultures, and images quite well.  In the meantime, I would try to make the Tradition unis more distinct from one another.

45 minutes ago, Walk-Off said:

Also, I would use the same version of the main logo in both the home and away uniforms; as things stand now, it seems that the away uni is utilizing the current real-world Cubs emblem while the home uni features the altered design for that symbol.

That's just a mistake on my part. The 'new' logo should be on both. 

Archived