LOGOLYMPIAD X - EVENT 4 - Alternate Logo

pollux

spacer.png

spacer.png

For the Alternate Logo event, you must come up with an alternate logo for one of the current teams participating in the National Basketball League - Australia. You have the choice of one of the following teams: Adelaide 36ers, Brisbane Bullets, Cairns Taipans, Illawarra Hawks, Melbourne United, New Zealand Breakers, Perth Wildcats, South East Melbourne Phoenix, or Sydney Kings.

Requirements

• You must use the current color palette of the team. Do NOT add new colors. The only color you can add is white if you want to do so. Verify on the team's website to get the current logo, as the ones on the mother site can be outdated.
  • You do not need to use all colors from the current color palette if you don't want to.
  • Include the current primary logo in your submission as a reference. It should not take more than 150px by 150px on the template as it is not the focus of the event.

Deadline: Friday, June 5th, 11:59AM Eastern Time

Guidelines for submitting your entry

Failure to follow the guidelines could result in your entry being inadvertently (or intentionally) excluded from judging.

Entries must be emailed to logolympiad (at) gmail (dot) com prior to the set deadline. Subject line should be the event number (Ex: Event 1). Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

Entries must be submitted as .jpg, .gif, or .png formats. The file name format of the submission is: event#_yourusername.extension (Ex: event1_pollux.png). The file must be attached to your email.

All final entries must be 1200x800 pixels with at least 100 pixels of white space at the bottom of the image. This means that your presentation has to fit in an 1200x700 pixels window (1200 pixels wide by 700 pixels high). I will NOT resize entries that are not properly done, so make sure it’s right.

The background of the entries should be solid white, unless otherwise specified. You must not use gradients, shadows, patterns, lines, etc. on your background.

Do not add any text, like labels, or images to your submission, unless otherwise specified. Do not add the team name, location, entry number, event type, etc.

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for judging. I will also provide each entry with a number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes their identity or the identity of anyone else will be DQ’d.

You should receive an automatic reply once you submit your entry. If you don’t receive one, please PM me directly. If I see an issue with the format of your submission, I will contact you giving you a chance to resubmit. I will NOT, however, comment on the content of the submission.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

1 hour ago, Josef_Bretones said:

Should we include the current logo with the wordmark or can it be just the logo without the team name?

It can be the logo without the team name.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

1 hour ago, NoE38_Concepts said:

Will we have to include a black and white version of the image like in event 1?

No.

26 minutes ago, Josef_Bretones said:

I want to be sure that I understood correctly. An alternative logo is a secondary logo or a complementary logo to the main logo, isn't it? The test is not to do another alternative main logo, right?

Yes, it is a secondary logo. Not a new alternative main logo.

46 minutes ago, NoE38_Concepts said:

Got another quick thing I'm looking to have clarified: Are we allowed to use colours featured on the team's home and away jerseys, that aren't present on the logo?

So I had a quick look at the jerseys and most of them actually use the colors from the logo. The only one that doesn't is New Zealand, but the logo isn't clear since it's mostly just a wordmark in plain black. For this specific one, I would allow the blue as it is really prominent everywhere on the league's website and the team's website. Any color in this table will be accepted (+ black for New Zealand):

spacer.png

The event is now over! Voting will be up soon.

• pollux unpinned this topic

Archived