#9Design Alternate Jersey Contest

habsfan9

gordie, im curious what program do you use to make it look 3-d and real like that?

I put the sweater together in Corel Draw, exported it, and applied the texture in a photo editor.

You can get uniform textures from a lot of video game uni templates.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gordie, im curious what program do you use to make it look 3-d and real like that?

I put the sweater together in Corel Draw, exported it, and applied the texture in a photo editor.

can you direct me to where I can get those templates?

can you direct me to where I can get those templates?

Try EA Sports games.

I'm still rather less than thrilled about about Skater's bastardization of my concept. As biased as I may be, I still don't feel that it's an improvement over mine, and I'm pretty peeved that he passed it off as his own design and concept until he was called on it.

That being said, I guess you can use it, Skater. However, the fact being that you never really got explicit permission to use it, even when you originally did it, I'm a little leary. If I ever see you use a modified or unmodified design of mine again, I'll be fuming. Don't expect to get permission from me again, and please grow some originality in your spare time. Screwing up other people's work isn't going to help with that, BTW.

Here's a solution...don't steal logos...ever. Use the teams, ask permission up front or use your own.

Its not the contest at all. Its the work involved. I was nice earlier and stuck up for you a bit, and so was Avenger, but seriously, don't let it happen again.

I understand that. I was just saying that I forgot who it came from.

Besides, other than the appearance "M" in my logo, it's my logo. The idea to make it appear as thought there is an "M" is the only part of the logo that isn't "mine". I say "mine" because it's a fleur de lis which is not really anyones original idea (expect for the person that actually designed it).

But the jersey is 100% Avenger's idea.

But I don't want to enter a concept into the competition that isn't MINE.

So I'm still going to withdraw the jersey I posted at first, I might enter another if I have the time.

Amisdt all the controversy and withdrawn entries (yes, Yes, YES! ^_^ ), I give you my Montréal Canadiens alternate jersey concept:

nhl-montreal-alt.gif

I created the primary logo, taking an idea from the Minnesota Wild. It's the fleur-de-lys with a maple leaf (duh!), symbolising that the team is both French and Canadian. B)

The sleeves stripes are somewhat taken from Columbus' jerseys, but I think they are consistent throughout.

As you can see, I've been tinkering with my personal logo. I don't know if I like this effort, but if any of you have ideas, shoot 'em my way, if you please.

As always, C&C welcome/appreciated.

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

i dont think the fluer de liles will ever fly on a habs jersey sorry juts dont see it happening.

how ever awesome stuff

I see what you're saying about it being similar of the Nordiques, but now that Montreal has been French-Canada's only team for almost a decade, I think if done correctly, they could pull it off.

Archived