Modern Day Arena Football Concepts (Final Update w/'Lost' DET & MKE Concepts)

Wildcomet

I might come back to Portland since it sounds like it isn't quite a winner yet, but for now I'm going to keep moving forward while I experiment with the Forest Dragons logo some more. I again looked to challenge myself with this update, but it felt like a place where some touchups would do some good and not many others have tried to handle in the past. Here is the Minnesota Fighting Pike!

I wanted to maintain what they were going for with the 'muddy' color scheme but still get a little more vibrance and contrast between colors so I made the main color a midpoint between the old logo's yellow and dark olive? colors. I tried to simplify the fish, while making the way its body is twisting around still clear. I'm not 100% sold about the face right now to be honest, but I'm not sure what to do to get it better. Pike faces are just kind of weird looking I think to begin with which doesn't help much haha.

I wanted the helmet to come off kind of like the fish was jumping out of murky water, which then lets the fish sort of wrap around the top for a stripe-like effect while also being the side logo. I put the wordmark in the front to help fill in the negative space there.

spacer.png

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2020 at 6:59 PM, Sebastianm said:

Looks much better than the original, though it looks off for some reason.

Thanks, I'll take it! I think the face could be improved but I still haven't gotten it working any better; they're just kind of a weird looking fish in my view haha.

Anyway, I got distracted for a time but decided to come back to this. Here's an update to the Grand Rapids Rampage! This one I didn't want to change too much, but I took some of the little detail marks out to simplify it in some areas, and added a darker shade of red to give it some depth. On the helmet, it felt natural to do a wide, tapered stripe based off the main horn of the logo

spacer.png

I think the Forest Dragons and the Pike still need a little bit of refinement.

* I think it's ok if the dragon has flames.  Maybe the "forest" can be him breathing fire onto a tree growing footballs or something.

* Soomething about the new pike looks "flat".  Maybe it's the tan color, not sure.  What if you had it catching a football (different from the Miami Dolphins' alternate, of course) in its mouth?  Or maybe it's body is arched over a diagonal football instead of catching it (this hides the "back" fin, of course).

Just my 2 cents, of course....

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

• 1 year later...

So hope no one minds me sort of reviving an old thread, but I was going through a backup drive and I found a couple files I had finished for this series but never shared (the series basically died thanks to my computer dying unexpectedly fyi, which I thought had made me lose all the files involved). I don't have the files for the presentation template or the logos by themselves so unless I restart the project from scratch this will likely be it for this series, but I figured I'd share these last two as I was pretty happy with how they turned out and pleased to find them along with some other files I had thought lost.

Here's updates for the Detroit Drive and Milwaukee Mustangs! Thanks to everyone who commented on the prior posts, it's appreciated!

DET-Drive-Display.jpg

MKE-Mustangs-Display.jpg

FYI I am realizing just now that I used the same font for both teams, haha. Too late to change now given the lost templates and files, but I figured I'd acknowledge it to get it out of the way.

• Wildcomet changed the title to Modern Day Arena Football Concepts (Final Update w/'Lost' DET & MKE Concepts)

Archived