NHL Rethink. (32/32 - Washington added, let's wrap this sucker up?)

Edubdesign

What have you been doing during quarantine?

Here's what I've been doing - redesigning the whole dang NHL. Why? Why not?

Each team will have a first jersey, a second jersey (usually white), a third or clash jersey and a fourth alternate.

Here's the first team up - we're making the Ducks mighty once more.

rsSVRvs.png

jM4GqJm.png

W7rmBJt.pngnbTf1fF.png

F0FR4aL.png

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hockey concepts are my favourites and these are great! Would love go see some orange in there. 

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

Mighty Ducks! The only unique thing that differs from all other teams was that they did sporting the Eggplant Purple and Jade colors in what made them stand out on the rink. I am loving the wings on the sleeves. I would love to order that District-5 Ducks jersey too, i am a fan of the movies of course.

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

1 minute ago, DTConcepts said:

I know it's a little late, but I really love the gloves on the Ducks' alternate. Really nice touch.

I am so glad somebody caught that. If you're gonna throw it back, you've got to throw it back right.

Does anyone remember why they had red gloves? I can't recall.

828311a09f5bfdc4dfbe1dbfc16f7f45_crop_ex

1 minute ago, Edubdesign said:

I am so glad somebody caught that. If you're gonna throw it back, you've got to throw it back right.

Does anyone remember why they had red gloves? I can't recall.

828311a09f5bfdc4dfbe1dbfc16f7f45_crop_ex

I'm gonna guess it was because when they went to the hockey store, they didn't have any green/purple gloves. Same reason they got the royal blue helmets, most likely.

13 minutes ago, Edubdesign said:

Here's the thing on that, though - here's a still from the movie where they not only have matching equipment, but its not Easton - its Vaughn.

msddetw_ec002-aa8567e2-1821-42a7-bbfd-33

Is this the first movie still? Coach Emilio Estevez looks like he’s wearing his team USA fit, but I remember it being sponsored by... *checks sponsor facts*.... Hendrix? The second movie was much more confusing. 

Ha remember when Vaughn wasn’t just a goalie equipment powerhouse? I don’t, I’m way too young.

9 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Is this the first movie still? Coach Emilio Estevez looks like he’s wearing his team USA fit, but I remember it being sponsored by... *checks sponsor facts*.... Hendrix? The second movie was much more confusing. 

Ha remember when Vaughn wasn’t just a goalie equipment powerhouse? I don’t, I’m way too young.

You know what... I think this is from the second movie, in that scene where they introduce the Ducks to the new players from around the US that'll be joining them. 

I'm not sure. I must have watched these movies hundreds of times growing up, but I haven't seen them in years.

Anybody got any comments on the designs before we shuffle off to Buffalo?

love that detail on the Ducks movie jersey.  i didnt see it the first look until i saw the comments.  For the Bruins my favorite is the gold jersey.  great job.  And i like the choice for the other throwback.  bold move.

For the Bruins, I think it is a good set of jerseys.

The best is the alt because I have always thought that look is mildly intimidating in those colors, but I’d maybe thicken the outline on the numbers. (Odd fact, ASUs club team use to wear something identical to that alt back in the day. I actually snatched one from our locker room when I played for the team.)

The one I think could use more is the clash. There’s no reason for those arms not to have the stripe that the hem has. Right now it’s looking a tad bare.

20 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

For the Bruins, I think it is a good set of jerseys.

The best is the alt because I have always thought that look is mildly intimidating in those colors, but I’d maybe thicken the outline on the numbers. (Odd fact, ASUs club team use to wear something identical to that alt back in the day. I actually snatched one from our locker room when I played for the team.)

The one I think could use more is the clash. There’s no reason for those arms not to have the stripe that the hem has. Right now it’s looking a tad bare.

This is what he's going for i believe...

Bruins09.png

10 minutes ago, B-mer said:

This is what he's going for i believe...

Bruins09.png

Took the words right out of my mouth. I figured changing the logo and the socks was enough of a creative liberty. I think it could use some stripes on the arms, but I wanted to stay loyal to that look when possible.

Next one up is Buffalo. Let me explain first.

I did a series of concepts on my Instagram page called Second Chance Sweaters, where I went over some of the worst jerseys ever worn in the NHL and redid them. One of those was the Buffaslug. I was kind of struck by how the logo had potential - the part that made it the "slug" was that weird back portion.

I feel by hacking that off and just leaving the head (and by bringing back royal blue) you get something cool and modern, yet respectful to the original brand.

Anyway, here goes.

OowcXfQ.png

ItXFf6u.png

Pbe2Cy6.pngUQsHWy3.png

h9wjwfB.png

The next team up, I believe, is Carolina. There's something real interesting coming there.

2 hours ago, Edubdesign said:

Took the words right out of my mouth. I figured changing the logo and the socks was enough of a creative liberty. I think it could use some stripes on the arms, but I wanted to stay loyal to that look when possible.

Maybe go for bigger numbers then to fill some space?

The Buffaslug head looks much better without its body. Love the home, but I think the shoulders don’t look right with that Buffaslug era stripe on the upper arm. It does look better on the white, though. I know you’re doing your part to be historically correct, but that hem not matching anything is driving me wild right now! That clash is unexpected in a good way. I like the style but think the yellow might look better as red. Maybe even push it further with “Buffalo” at the hem like their old alt had. Speaking of alts, yours is perfect! My non biased, historically unattached opinion says that’s the best Buffalo has ever looked. Unless their new gold accent jerseys became full time.

Archived