NHL Rethink. (32/32 - Washington added, let's wrap this sucker up?)

Edubdesign

Moments of three of them-

Flames--Love the striping on the 1st & 2nd, but not feeling it on the clash & alt.

Two spaced out.

And I don't like any of the logos--none really speak to me as a Flames' fan.

Most alterte versions of the Flaming C and most other ways of going leave me cold.

they are not as dynamic.

The Atlanta Flaming A was even better--but doesn't fit as  primary unless it's the Alberta Flames.

Avalanche--I really like who the colours play together, the striping really helps in that.

Stars--nice templates--but the 1st & 2nd need some black in addition to the logo--otherwise it stands out too much--so either some black trim (No major black, just trim) or remove it from the logo.

That's my two cents.

Overall a fun series.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkpiranha
10 hours ago, Section30 said:

I like the sea foam green color, but is there any particular reason for adding it to the Wings?

I love the look of the new wing, but question the green.  A straight grey would seem to work beautifully.   Note, this isn't traditionalism speaking. I love causing the traditionalists to get the vapors and need to sit down and fan themselves.  The green just seems like a weird choice that isn't working for me.  

I really like your cannon logo for Columbus!  I imagine might look good in gold or silver with the red C.

The look for Dallas is pretty cool. I'd suggest swapping the collar colors on the home and away; the silver wants to stay an accent color.

Also, I love the updated Mooterus logo! The silver stars on the jersey feel a bit out of place, though.

I tend to agree with @darkpiranha about Detroit. It's a cool modernization. The green is interesting, but a normal gray or a blue-gray might be a tad better. Also, I'm not feeling the circle striping on the fourth jersey.

Really cool stuff here!

4 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

I love the look of the new wing, but question the green.  A straight grey would seem to work beautifully.   Note, this isn't traditionalism speaking. I love causing the traditionalists to get the vapors and need to sit down and fan themselves.  The green just seems like a weird choice that isn't working for me.  

It's not supposed to be green - it's a metallic silver, similar to the kind the Cowboys use on their pants. It's a highlight colour, meant to give the set some metallic kind of sheen. I've not seen that colour as green on any monitor I've checked these things on.

Guest darkpiranha
1 hour ago, Edubdesign said:

It's not supposed to be green - it's a metallic silver, similar to the kind the Cowboys use on their pants. It's a highlight colour, meant to give the set some metallic kind of sheen. I've not seen that colour as green on any monitor I've checked these things on.

At least in Photoshop, it comes out as decidedly green.  Here's what I get when I sample the color.   #93B79C  
This could be a case of "Is the dress blue or black?"  I see sea-foam green.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2020 at 7:50 PM, sportsfan7 said:

The logo on the Oilers first and second made me think of this:

nqwvL4F.png

Flag of Mauritania

I thought it looked like a smiling Cyclops...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

On 7/13/2020 at 9:50 AM, sportsfan7 said:

The logo on the Oilers first and second made me think of this:

nqwvL4F.png

Flag of Mauritania

Looks like star and crescent in every single Arabic flag ever. Sorta fitting since Arabs most live somewhere around the Alberta-Saskatchewan area. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Really good work on all of these. That Colorado set is better than their current set - especially that Alt jersey. And i actually like the subtle gradient on Florida. 

The cannon logo on Columbus is great and I would love to see it on a more traditionally colored jersey. And I also think the Buffalo jersey with the crossed swords is really good. 

Another set of unis, this time for the LA Kings. Bringing back the forum blue and gold, along with some white and black accompaniment.

The black jersey is the "Black Mamba" jersey - it's a tribute to the Staples Center's most famous son.

OpVwzf5.pngclLT7gX.pngFw3P2Bg.pngGet5JPg.pngswQuDeL.png

24 minutes ago, Edubdesign said:

Another set of unis, this time for the LA Kings. Bringing back the forum blue and gold, along with some white and black accompaniment.

The black jersey is the "Black Mamba" jersey - it's a tribute to the Staples Center's most famous son.

OpVwzf5.pngclLT7gX.pngFw3P2Bg.pngGet5JPg.pngswQuDeL.png

You should go full Lakers - make the yellow the default light uniform and the white an alternate. 

Those Florida jerseys are one of the only times I've seen a gradient on a jersey and loved it. Top notch! I wasn't completely sold on the Vice alternates at first, but they've grown on me since you first posted it.

The Kings look excellent. Turning the top of the home-plate logo into a crown makes it go from one of the blandest logos in the league to one that's actually pretty sharp... The bottom of the logo even becomes an abstract head wearing the crown! Did you try any versions of the logo without the little diagonal "tails" (not sure what else to call them) inside the yellow crown? That's the only part of the logo that doesn't quite do it for me; it makes the crown look more like a series of hills, or at least that was my initial reaction. And maybe spray-painted stripes and numbers on the Black Mamba jersey? I love the idea and I love the logo, but the logo seems to be a bit at odds with the actual jersey design.

Archived