NHL Rethink. (32/32 - Washington added, let's wrap this sucker up?)

Edubdesign

We're going to hit the halfway point with Montreal.

What can you do with the Habs that isn't total sacrilege? Well, you can keep the traditional sweater, but add a couple alts.

The alt here is an (almost) throwback to the first ever team to win the Stanley Cup - the Montreal Amateur Athletic Association. The team wore blue unis and a white winged wheel logo - so, the Habs will too. I made a little jock tag logo too, using the Quebec flag to form a little "MTL" for Montreal.

I like it.

9LTCQ8Y.pngbCiG5Ye.pngeqxk2TM.pngmThoXzp.pngDzJPDuY.png

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solid look for Nashville! I'm indifferent to the side/hem treatment, but the arms are exactly what the Preds need to make their jerseys have some character other than "it's yellow," and obviously it's a good callback to their earlier jerseys before the rebrand. And the "throwback" color palette of the clash works beautifully! I like the new way you've worked the six-strings into the numbers, I think I prefer it to the real-life version, but I'm not sold on the actual font of the numbers; the diagonals especially just look off to me. No complaints on the slightly altered (and improved) Winter Classic jersey going yellow for the alt, you really can't go wrong with that.

On 7/18/2020 at 11:13 AM, Edubdesign said:

We're going to hit the halfway point with Montreal.

What can you do with the Habs that isn't total sacrilege? Well, you can keep the traditional sweater, but add a couple alts.

The alt here is an (almost) throwback to the first ever team to win the Stanley Cup - the Montreal Amateur Athletic Association. The team wore blue unis and a white winged wheel logo - so, the Habs will too. I made a little jock tag logo too, using the Quebec flag to form a little "MTL" for Montreal.

I like it.

9LTCQ8Y.pngbCiG5Ye.pngeqxk2TM.pngmThoXzp.pngDzJPDuY.png

Good job overall, but the blue collar on the 2nd jersey sticks out too much for my taste--did you try a red one?

And to avoid any confusion with TO & TB I'd add a bit of red to the alt-but others--cool  work.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

On 7/17/2020 at 9:16 AM, Edubdesign said:

Now we get to one of my favourite concepts of this series - Minnesota.

6HcdVoe.pngYU0SS5l.png7c62pgK.pngEnbUybu.pngOfwHXOf.png

Nice job on the Wild--some different styles to it, but they work.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

After coming back and taking a second look a few days later: Have you considered keeping the arms yellow on the away jersey, CBJ-style? The blue clash is fine, given that it's a pseudo-throwback, but the away skews a little too blue rather than yellow. As I alluded to in my initial reply, leaning hard into the yellow is Nashville's identity; as boring as their real-life jerseys are, there's a reason the away at least has yellow shoulders.

While a part of me likes the return to green for Jersey, the current clouds are better, less garish & less hard on the eyes.

Still nice work with that--but the alt is too Flyer-eque.

I see that without the logo & I think--Flyers.

The others without the log I still think New Jersey.

I really like the chest stripe Sens.

It's great that the Habs' monopoly on chest stripes has expired, because c-stripes on a hockey sweater look fantastic.

That front crest needs some colour though.

The BlackHawks prove (emphatically) that you can have multi-coloured crests on a base colour-scheme jersey.

Some gold in the logo would make those sweaters sing!!

Everything you have done so far is very exciting and fun! Great series!

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

On 8/4/2020 at 10:58 AM, Edubdesign said:

Nation's capital comes next. Let's make the Sens not look like crap.

5EfM47J.pngFvCEjYB.pngZMb1hy3.png8etDboz.pngTJSLLhh.png

These look great. I really love the way you present each jersey and then the set.

A couple of thoughts:

- First: I would add a small stripe of white in between the two red stripes on the sleeves and a small white strip above the red on the bottom. There is that pop of white on the collar but then white is left out everywhere else but the numbers. 

- Second: Maybe add a small red stripe above the bottom. The design feels a bit top heavy and it feels like this might balance that out. Downside is that the design won't carry over properly from the First with the matching middle arm stripes and bottom stripes. 

- Clash: Not sure what the logo is meant to be. You also have to be careful about stepping on the toes of the Ottawa 67's. This is different enough but is in their wheelhouse. 

- Alt: This could just be me but I hated that jersey when it came out and still do to this day. A modern take on the 1997 jerseys could look great. If you really wanted a red jersey, you could even just do a take on the 1997 jersey in red. 

You seem to have some similar color-scheme preferences to me: Flames sans black, Christmas Devils, pre-Gretzky Kings.

I like a lot of what I see.  The white, purple, and yellow Kings uniforms are the star of this show (not the black...).  That and the Flyers (sans Gritty jersey) should be adopted right away.  I also really like the Avs clash jersey.  That's the best color-balance of your four. That color scheme is really nice with no black and minimal white.  I like the way the Colorado Rapids use it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived