72freebie

72Freebie's Indoor Football League Redesign Iowa Added)

Recommended Posts

Hey Everyone, I figured since everyone else has some quarantine projects on the go, I'd start one up of my own with something that's a little out of my comfort zone. I have never really done football concepts before and I've never really watched indoor football but I have seen it and I find it very interesting. I also like how the teams aren't afraid to do something different with their uniforms and don't just stick to the basics. This league has expanded quite rapidly recently so I think now is a good time to do a little redesign of the current teams. These designs won't be super outlandish or anything but will definitely have some character and I hope you enjoy.

 

First up is the Arizona Rattlers

I went off the Rattlers old jerseys here and took their triangle pattern and sublimated it across the entire uniform. The pattern appears in color on the sleeves of the jersey. The snake from the R logo appears large on both sides of the helmet.

f7yu5Dz.png

 

Second for today is the Spokane Shock

I went off of the team's primary logo with an electric blast effect on the shoulder, pants, and front of the helmet. 

7IQpj7s.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spokane's shoulders have too much going on. Maybe make blue the main color and get rid of the side panels on the white jerseys. Arizona pants look strange with the pattern. Would they still have copper helmets and pants too? I think that's their best look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next up is a new team to the league this year, The Frisco Fighters. This team usually uses a bit of light blue in their jerseys but I wanted to just stick to grey, white, and blue. The striping is sharp to represent the speed of a fighter plane and continues from the jerseys down to the pants.

 

w2t6BuF.png

 

Also here is an update to Spokane. No blue filing on the white jerseys shoulders.

QDThVDr.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

those spokane jerseys are fantastic. they kinda remind me of your '90s OKC thunder jerseys, which were also fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next up is the Cedar Rapids River Kings.  I'm a big fan of this team's colors and logos so I tried to use them all evenly. The unique jersey design warps around the shoulders and follows down under the arms. 

zzMuBuW.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next up is the Green Bay Blizzard. I'm a big fan of this team's color scheme, especially the shade of green. Because of this I only used black in the numbers to bring out the green and silver more. 

snsdbIQ.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything looks pretty good here; definitely a fun minor-league aesthetic!

 

The River Kings look good, totally agree about the colors and logos. I think the back of the helmet could use some ripples as well. The bulged, cloud-shaped side panels are fine, but I'd be curious to see them either as extending down from the sleeve in a wavy line or removed entirely.

 

For Frisco, I'd make the sleeve cuffs the same color as the Jersey, but besides that you're golden.

 

I like the idea with Green Bay, but the jagged lines read as mountains when I think they could be cool icicles.

 

Good work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next team us is the Tuscon Sugar Skulls. I really love this team's brand and I think they could have something much more unique in the uniform department than they currently wear. My concept uses the triangle pattern from the hat in the logo across the chest of the jerseys and down the pants. I think this would make the team stand out in the league so much more.

 

Ebi2LSr.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2020 at 1:05 PM, 72freebie said:

Hey Everyone, I figured since everyone else has some quarantine projects on the go, I'd start one up of my own with something that's a little out of my comfort zone. I have never really done football concepts before and I've never really watched indoor football but I have seen it and I find it very interesting. I also like how the teams aren't afraid to do something different with their uniforms and don't just stick to the basics. This league has expanded quite rapidly recently so I think now is a good time to do a little redesign of the current teams. These designs won't be super outlandish or anything but will definitely have some character and I hope you enjoy.

 

First up is the Arizona Rattlers

I went off the Rattlers old jerseys here and took their triangle pattern and sublimated it across the entire uniform. The pattern appears in color on the sleeves of the jersey. The snake from the R logo appears large on both sides of the helmet.

f7yu5Dz.png

 

Second for today is the Spokane Shock

I went off of the team's primary logo with an electric blast effect on the shoulder, pants, and front of the helmet. 

7IQpj7s.png

 

I miss the turquoise but very nicely executed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next up are the Quad City Steamwheelers. Went with a unique striping pattern that wraps around the shoulders and up to the collar on the front. The helmet is quite unique also with the smokestacks being moved from the front of the helmet to the side.

 

tiaDEvT.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 6:56 PM, 72freebie said:

Next up are the Quad City Steamwheelers. Went with a unique striping pattern that wraps around the shoulders and up to the collar on the front. The helmet is quite unique also with the smokestacks being moved from the front of the helmet to the side.

 

tiaDEvT.png

 

I love everything about this! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next team is the San Diego Strike Force. I am a huge fan of ever part of this team's brand. The colors are very unique and the logos are flashy. My jersey design doesn't change a whole lot from the current set but adds some striping based off of the primary logo to the shoulders and pants.

 

nUmdvT9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would either change the color of the helmet to the greenish-gray color, or add some of the silver to the uniforms, as right now it doesn't look very cohesive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the mismatched helmet! It feels a little outta place, but the effect there is really cool. I don’t think there’s any need to change it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Staying in California next up is the Oakland Panthers. This concept goes all out with the claw marks that team uses on their current jerseys. They are enlarged over the shoulders and on the pants. An oversized panther is featured on each side of the helmet.

 

knt1HAY.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next up is the Iowa Barnstormers. The Barnstormers are one of the most iconic indoor football teams of all time and have a pretty long history of great uniforms. I went back and took inspiration from many of their looks with the iconic goggle helmets and propellers on the pants.

 

HhVGP3V.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 72freebie said:

Next up is the Iowa Barnstormers. The Barnstormers are one of the most iconic indoor football teams of all time and have a pretty long history of great uniforms. I went back and took inspiration from many of their looks with the iconic goggle helmets and propellers on the pants.

 

HhVGP3V.png

I would tone down the red and use gold pants instead of red. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.