Cincinnati Bengals Concept Uniforms

NeauXone

Cincinnati Bengals Concept Uniforms - NeauXone

So after the mothership hinted at another contest, this time centered around the Bengals, I took it upon myself to enter this contest as well. The Bengals are notorious for having some incredibly outdated uniforms that players, fans, etc. have been begging to be changed for years now. Their current jerseys have good elements, but were a victim of Mid-2000s overdesigning and feature many unnecessary elements. With a few tweaks, these jerseys could be serviceable or even decent, but instead I stripped them down to the foundation and created uniforms that are a combination of eras of Bengals football. Below is a comparison of the old uniforms and the new.

Comparison.png

These uniforms combine different design elements from every uniform the Bengals have worn:

2000's Helmet: The most refined rendition of the helmet stripes, they didn't need to be changed at all.

80's/90's Design Ideology: The idea behind the classic 80's Bengals uniforms was that they sported an outlandish design inside of traditional striping, making for an outside-the-box yet restrained design that resulted in a classic NFL uniform. This idea is used here, putting the iconic Bengal stripes inside of a traditional Northwestern striping pattern.

60's/70's Striping: The striping pattern used on the sleeves, pants, and socks is identical to the striping used on the 60's and 70's uniforms. Putting the Bengal stripes inside of this striping pattern allows for visual flare and quick recognition.

Below, the entire uniform set is displayed individually:

Home Uniforms:
Home.pngHome3.pngHome2.png

These are the primary uniforms that can be worn at home. Also introduced in this set for the first time are orange pants, which can be worn with any other uniform.

Road Uniforms:

Away.pngAway2.pngAway3.png

These are the primary uniforms which are worn on the road.

Orange Alternate Uniforms:
Alt.pngAlt2.png
All-Orange.png

Color Rush Uniforms - White Tiger:
Color-Rush.png

Assuming that the NFL's one helmet rule is relaxed, this color rush will finally be head to toe black and white (except for the small logos). I saw no reason to change the general idea from the current CR, so I transferred the idea over to the new design.

Every Uniform is on this sheet below.

Full.png

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

Pretty nice! I'd like to see maybe an Orange outline around the numbers on the home and away unis, the lack of color around the numbers kinda leaves something missing. Also looks like the Steelers current throwback numbers. But other than that, I wish they would adopt these. The white tiger look would be so awesome if the one shell rule is changed. Good job!

pittsburghbanner.jpg

I love this concept. I also agree with @BenDand @prrams95 the numbers need an outline and an updated number font. I also noticed that the collar and sleeve collar are the same on the black, white, and color rush uniforms. I think the orange jerseys should have a black sleeve collar, as well, so they all match. 

For the font, I love the Texans font for the Bengals and I think that would be the final nail in the coffin for these uniforms to be perfect. 

Bravo! My only comment is that the full body Bengal is hard to see in the pant stripes. Try increase its size or move it to the front of the pants (top right corner).

Also, I like the non-outline numbers. 

Great concept but it still feels too "Browns" to me. Yes, I know they were birthed from the Browns, but they should now go a completely different direction with different colors. Their white/black color rush was a step in the right direction albeit far from perfect. 

I appreciate all the feedback I've received. I see a lot of suggestions about the numbers, and I considered putting an outline on them, but I feel like it would've resulted in too much orange, specifically on the Home uniform. I don't know exactly how everyone here feels about having a number outline on one jersey but not on another, but that was something I was considering for the road and alternate jerseys.

But thanks for the positive responses! I'll see about updating these once I finish other concepts I've been working on.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

I think these look great. I like giving the Bengal-stripe some framing and purpose here - it gives a classic look to a design that can look tacky sometimes

The numbers stood out to me too but mainly for giving Browns vibes. I think it's a great look, but differentiating themselves would be a big part of a good Bengal's design. Without the helmet, the Bengal stripes are less dominant (I think for the better) so on a fan it could be too close for comfort!

I think that orange offset-outline will bring it back to a good Bengals look, but I can see that being a dominant orange (not too bad a thing). But increasing the thickness of the white strokes bordering the Bengal-stripe could help give you the balance you're looking for

These are amazing. Even as a browns fan, if the bengals wore these they’d be the best in the league. I always loved the 1990s bengals uniforms and these are a great update. I especially like the sock pattern you chose.

cleveland_ghosts_legendary_players_by_ve

• 1 month later...

I'd experimented with something of a Bengals overhaul a while back, figuring I'd like to see them in a uniform that was able to stand out and evoke its namesake without the tiger stripes being as literal.  The funny thing is I'd rather see your concept IRL than mine (largely because my experimentation led me to go to a white helmet...the way I'm talking, you'd think I hated my own concept...nope, I just think the Bengals would be foolish to leave behind an iconic helmet).

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 6 months later...

For this concept that the Bengals could have in 2021 but I'm thinking there's more to be added if possible so for sports logos I like the design concept because the Cincinnati Bengals are getting new uniforms for the 2021/2022 NFL season. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tqcawtWtr6UOCunVaVZ5xHeTxrh4ZF6S/view?usp=drivesdk

I did this edit on the paint icon on my ASUS PC Computer, but Im not going to take the credit of this design but the uniform concept looks really dope! 😀😀

On 5/31/2020 at 3:44 PM, NeauXone said:

Cincinnati Bengals Concept Uniforms - NeauXone

So after the mothership hinted at another contest, this time centered around the Bengals, I took it upon myself to enter this contest as well. The Bengals are notorious for having some incredibly outdated uniforms that players, fans, etc. have been begging to be changed for years now. Their current jerseys have good elements, but were a victim of Mid-2000s overdesigning and feature many unnecessary elements. With a few tweaks, these jerseys could be serviceable or even decent, but instead I stripped them down to the foundation and created uniforms that are a combination of eras of Bengals football. Below is a comparison of the old uniforms and the new.

Comparison.png

These uniforms combine different design elements from every uniform the Bengals have worn:

2000's Helmet: The most refined rendition of the helmet stripes, they didn't need to be changed at all.

80's/90's Design Ideology: The idea behind the classic 80's Bengals uniforms was that they sported an outlandish design inside of traditional striping, making for an outside-the-box yet restrained design that resulted in a classic NFL uniform. This idea is used here, putting the iconic Bengal stripes inside of a traditional Northwestern striping pattern.

60's/70's Striping: The striping pattern used on the sleeves, pants, and socks is identical to the striping used on the 60's and 70's uniforms. Putting the Bengal stripes inside of this striping pattern allows for visual flare and quick recognition.

Below, the entire uniform set is displayed individually:

Home Uniforms:
Home.pngHome3.pngHome2.png

These are the primary uniforms that can be worn at home. Also introduced in this set for the first time are orange pants, which can be worn with any other uniform.

Road Uniforms:

Away.pngAway2.pngAway3.png

These are the primary uniforms which are worn on the road.

Orange Alternate Uniforms:
Alt.pngAlt2.png
All-Orange.png

Color Rush Uniforms - White Tiger:
Color-Rush.png

Assuming that the NFL's one helmet rule is relaxed, this color rush will finally be head to toe black and white (except for the small logos). I saw no reason to change the general idea from the current CR, so I transferred the idea over to the new design.

Every Uniform is on this sheet below.

Full.png

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I like your concept all around. My only nitpick would be adding outlines to the numbers (orange on the black and white jersey, black on the orange jersey). I think leaving outlines off the NOB looks clean.

Archived