Floydnimrod Tackles the Entire NFL (and gets ejected for targeting): A Concept Series (19/32, LA & LA Added)

floydnimrod

Texans and Colts up today. They're boring because they don't have a lot of changes.

For Houston I matched the pants stripe to the one on the shoulders. The pants are two-color because there's not outlines on the stripe on the shoulders. I opted for Navy and white for all sets of pants rather than keep changing it up as I think it works best for each uniform.

tWAPB4R.png

9qNNh62.png

jOtsY5a.png

For Indy I updated the helmet stripe to match the jersey/pants. I added a rounder font to somewhat match the rather non-block horseshoe logo. I didn't add black as I think it's nice when a team can pull of white and one color.

uogx1lo.png

dFKP9un.png

Don't worry, it's half-over. Next up are two Florida teams, with double outlined numbers.

First, is Jacksonville. While their current set is an improvement over the last, I don't like the removal of gold from everything but the helmet.

I didn't have a problem from the Bortles AFC championship-era number font either, so I kept it here.

udsBqnu.png

SNCDpGs.png

nPjGp2s.png

With Tampa, I wanted to emulate the Super Bowl era set, but not just copy it. I think a darker red works as a base, and I wanted black to still be there. But, to me, there was no reason to keep both the orange and pewter. I ditched the pewter, but kept the orange as an outline-only color. I took the pants stripe design from the the Super Bowl set and added to the sleeves. With the removal of the pewter, I made the helmets white again. I wanted to keep a black alternate. I'm aware the double outline creates a 3D effect but I wanted all colors to be present on the numbers since they're all present on the stripes.

UJCi43q.png

eglOu3H.png

ZdPkMWn.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd bring this back to get the LA teams in here.

First up are the Rams. A lot of people like the Rams in royal blue and yellow because that's what they grew up with. Well I grew up with mostly a navy/gold Rams team, and I've always really liked that color combo. However, I liked how the yellow/royal blue set didn't use outlines, so I kept that. I'm usually against hitting the fill tool on sleeves but I felt like I needed it on the away uniforms. Putting a ram horn on the pants seemed a little ridiculous, so I thought a solid stripe matched what was going on on the helmet and sleeves. I wanted a font closer to what the Navy/Gold era had.

jiCDunY.png

LSRhmhr.png

Not much different happening for the Chargers. I didn't feel the need for blue pants, or numbers on the helmets. I couldn't find a lightning bolt graphic out there for the pants, so I made my own. I think the shoulder bolts can stand on their own, so I didn't add a shape outside of them on the shoulders. I wanted something resembling a block font, but I wanted it to be thinner than a standard block.

ahUmq0O.png

Kg8ZHGf.png

Archived