Viperion101

The Alaska Amaroks would be an NHL expansion team, based in Anchorage, Alaska. Since the Sullivan Center is not big enough to host NHL games, a new arena would need to be constructed. The team would draw support from all around the state of Alaska (market size of about 750,000), as well as the Canadian province of Yukon. They would play in the Western Conference. The franchise would be the only Big 4 (American Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey) sports team in Alaska. An Amarok is a giant wolf in Inuit (Native peoples of Alaska and the North American Arctic) mythology. 

Main Logo: 

spacer.png

Wordmark: 

spacer.png

Uniforms: 

spacer.png

The pattern on the wordmark and the uniforms is based on an Inuit art theme, and also represents the mountains in Alaska. The uniforms all feature the Big Dipper, which is depicted on Alaska's state flag. 

C&C Welcome and Appreciated. 

spacer.png

Maybe Gray for the Skin would look better, but it’s pretty good.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

On 6/3/2020 at 6:05 PM, DTConcepts said:

Not a bad idea! I especially dig the colors. My only concern is that the jerseys look really similar to the Avs' jerseys, just with a different color scheme.

That color scheme being essentially the old Anaheim scheme.

Not only that, but the KISS font is instantly recognizable. I'd look for a new font.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

On 6/5/2020 at 8:57 AM, stumpygremlin said:

That color scheme being essentially the old Anaheim scheme.

Not only that, but the KISS font is instantly recognizable. I'd look for a new font.

Yep I just realized that with the KISS logo. When I was using the font I thought it looked familiar but I wasn't exactly sure where. 

spacer.png

Concept Update

I posted something and then made a major change shortly after. What's new. 

Updated Main Logo (mostly minor changes, but they make it look better and more professional)

spacer.png

Main Logo with Alaska Outline (this combination could be the main logo)

spacer.png

Updated Uniforms

spacer.png

Uniform with Alaska logo ("Alaska Heritage"/like a City Jersey)

spacer.png

Updated Wordmark with a new font

spacer.png

spacer.png

Guest darkpiranha

I think you need even thicker white border.  The logo outlines get lost at this thickness.  Just look at the shrunken-down jerseys.  It's very difficult to tell what it is we're looking at on the darker jerseys.  A rule of thumb is to shrink a graphic or logo down to postage stamp size and see how readable it still is.  Sports logos are rarely super intricate or have thin lines.  

I would also consider having white or light colored numbers on dark jerseys and dark color numbers on white or light jerseys. You do the opposite here. The sleeve numbers are oddly placed too, I'm not the best acquainted with hockey sweaters but the placement of the stripes and numbers are awkward together. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

spacer.png

Replaced the main logo with the Alaska logo for all of the uniforms. I feel it helps distinguish the team as "uniquely Alaskan", instead of just the head, which could end up being rather generic. I also think that the Alaska logo is in better contrast with the uniform than the old logo. 

spacer.png

Archived