Wahington Boat Pilots Logo (Fictitious, Baseball)

JustForFun

Hi All,

I really would love to see the Seattle Pilots return, since the Mariners are so pitiful. I think some sure-fire ways that they could stick around this time is by 1) appealing to the whole state of Washington, not just Seattle, and b) ensuring people know that they were always meant to be BOAT pilots, not airplane pilots as most people assumed. 

So here is my concept logo, made entirely by me. My apologies since I'm not really good at this thing and it's been really difficult to get Illustrator working on my Windows 98 computer. But I am willing to learn!! Please give me your tips and feel free to critique as you see fit!!

spacer.png

My first step is to clean It up a bit, make the outlines more pronounced. It’s getting there though

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

With what your working with, it’s not bad.

I’d recommend simplifying the color scheme, 5 is too many. Also I’m having trouble picturing this as baseball related, if it was cleaned up a bit it could make a good logo for a town that starts with W by the coast.

Excellent!

I disagree with the Mariners branding. They have a good identity to begin with so I don't see why they should change it.

Aside from that, clean up the logo. Perhaps simplify the shapes and put in to 2-3 colours.

Oh, and the logo needs to show me that it belongs to baseball. In a way that screams baseball, of course.

However, it's a starting point.

17 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

Does anyone agree with me that anything is better than the name Nationals? I mean they're playing in the National League...they could've come up with a better name!   

I think you're confused with between Washington STATE and Washington the CAPITAL CITY.

As for this question, they could buy back the Senators identity and branding.

spacer.png

Yes, like the Washington Huskies! Although Nationals is a pretty good name. Boat Pilots probably wouldn't work in DC since it's not on the ocean. 

This is as far as I got before my computer crashed AGAIN!! Luckily I save my work frequently. As you can see I'm making the outlines bolder. I haven't decided where to put the baseball yet. Open to suggestions!!

I get that this is your first time, but you've got a long way to go. First off, I'd suggest finding something other than MS paint for making logos.  For the logo itself, shrink down to 2 or 3 colors, try to make the outlines much thicker, and keep the shapes symmetrical. The blue and red flourishes are unnecessary. Boat Pilots as a name is really clunky and unprofessional, if you want to drive the nautical theme home, use nautical imagery like a ship's wheel, anchor, lighthouse, or trident. A boat, while obvious, is harder to draw well and muddies up the name. In short, use simple, bold shapes and rely more on simpler elements than a complicated whole. Hopefully this makes sense.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

5 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

I think you're confused with between Washington STATE and Washington the CAPITAL CITY.

As for this question, they could buy back the Senators identity and branding.

My bad! Didnt read the OP's explanation at first, thought this was about Washington DC. 

19 minutes ago, Tygers09 said:

Bush Pilots would be a good choice, since Kenmore Air is a local seaplane operator. 

It would be execpt the team is the BOAT Pilots, as the Seattle Pilots were always meant to be, not airline pilots.

spacer.png

OK so here's my next version. I had some trouble with the outlines so I decided to add the baseball element. I couldn't decide whether the baseball should overlap with the red stripe or not. I made it overlap but I think maybe I made a mistake here. Anyway, opinions welcomed!!

Not trying to be rude or unhelpful, but this is far from good. It's a bunch of elements slapped on top of each other with no consistent style or colors. My above comment gave a few points in the right direction. Try making of each element, (W, ball, boat,) in the same style, with thick outlines and consistent weights. Hopefully my comments comments are helpful, but you have a long way to go before this looks like a legitimate logo.

(In case you missed it, here's what I suggested earlier.)

6 hours ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

I get that this is your first time, but you've got a long way to go. First off, I'd suggest finding something other than MS paint for making logos.  For the logo itself, shrink down to 2 or 3 colors, try to make the outlines much thicker, and keep the shapes symmetrical. The blue and red flourishes are unnecessary. Boat Pilots as a name is really clunky and unprofessional, if you want to drive the nautical theme home, use nautical imagery like a ship's wheel, anchor, lighthouse, or trident. A boat, while obvious, is harder to draw well and muddies up the name. In short, use simple, bold shapes and rely more on simpler elements than a complicated whole. Hopefully this makes sense.

lBzmcSM.png

Honestly, you’re never really going to be able to progress much further than this without using something more modern than windows 98. I would maybe try just draw out your ideas for now.

Excellent!

4 minutes ago, king_mahalo said:

I swear this is some joke reference to something posted to CCSLC years ago. Like a decade ago. I've know I've seen this logo before

Nothing else came up when I did a reverse image search. Could be deja vu.

lBzmcSM.png

Archived