Wahington Boat Pilots Logo (Fictitious, Baseball)

JustForFun

4 hours ago, JustForFun said:

spacer.png

OK so here's my next version. I had some trouble with the outlines so I decided to add the baseball element. I couldn't decide whether the baseball should overlap with the red stripe or not. I made it overlap but I think maybe I made a mistake here. Anyway, opinions welcomed!!

I think the baseball should be yellow so it pops out more. The same reason The Simpsons characters are yellow. Otherwise, keep workin at this. :)

It's Me

4 hours ago, JustForFun said:

spacer.png

OK so here's my next version. I had some trouble with the outlines so I decided to add the baseball element. I couldn't decide whether the baseball should overlap with the red stripe or not. I made it overlap but I think maybe I made a mistake here. Anyway, opinions welcomed!!

Like what you are going for, but there are problems. The boat should be the main spotlight of the logo, remove the W, it's honestly distracting, and this thing looks like a 90's logo, modernize with the times. I'm not trying to be rude here, but this thing needs a overhaul in order to be a good logo for a team right now.

I was wondering how long it would take for whomever to figure it out. I feel like it taking a couple days like this goes to show that 1) there aren't a ton of people around from back then and 2) even fewer of those people visit the concepts forum, it appears.

@JustForFun, given that you joined in 2007, I am presuming this was for the lulz, and it ruled. Nicely done.

Somewhere, Lee is pleased. The Wyoming Marinerzz live on.

Ok, you got me. I hope everyone thought it was in good fun. 😄

I gotta say, you guys are the top-notch best. The way you talked to an absolute beginner with a horrible logo ... with such patience and kindness. And even those of you who went the tough love route were totally respectful about it. I have to hand it to you. 

Thanks for a couple days of fun. You guys are the best.

P.S. I miss Lamicus/Lee.

Archived