NFL 2020/21 Redesign (26/32, PHI added, GB updated)

dylanjf83

New York Giants

The font for the logo and wordmark has been updated to a more gothic New York look, and the Empire State Building is featured in the 'Y' of 'NY'; the building also plays into the empire gray-look that is heavily featured. Gray away jerseys, and gray numbers on the home and alternate. The Empire State Building is also featured in the pants stripe.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This really isn’t a critique against you or you concept, but more of a pointer. The logos on the helmets as is wouldn’t be strait when a player wears the helmet. When you wear the helmet, its tilted forward compared to when the helmet is sitting on a table or on the ground. A good guide for you to know if the logo will be straight when worn is either the brow line or the the bottom of the back of the helmet. Again, I don’t mean to come off as nitpicky, but the rest of the concepts are so good and realistic, it seems this would just give it even more realism and really round out the overall concept.

On 6/17/2020 at 5:53 PM, kb105 said:

This really isn’t a critique against you or you concept, but more of a pointer. The logos on the helmets as is wouldn’t be strait when a player wears the helmet. When you wear the helmet, its tilted forward compared to when the helmet is sitting on a table or on the ground. A good guide for you to know if the logo will be straight when worn is either the brow line or the the bottom of the back of the helmet. Again, I don’t mean to come off as nitpicky, but the rest of the concepts are so good and realistic, it seems this would just give it even more realism and really round out the overall concept.

Thank you, I knew something looked slightly off. I fixed the Giants, and I'll be updating all the other teams as well.

On 6/11/2020 at 11:34 PM, jaytavo305 said:

The double stripe on the socks feels unnecessary but besides that, it's beautiful. I'd maybe drop the logo on the sleeves, and make all the sun rays the same size to fix the shape. 

Miami Dolphins, v.2

Removed the logo from the sleeve, and removed half of the stripping on the socks. The sun rays used to be the same size until 2013, so the sun rays are a nod to the current logo.

On 6/7/2020 at 8:23 PM, SpreadJerm said:

keep going, ima bills fan so  dont be scared to do the bills next lol

Buffalo Bills

The red streak from the Bills logo has been changed to a red lightning bolt, taken from the City of Buffalo's flag. Red helmets return, and 'BUFFALO' is between the shoulder stripes.

15 hours ago, dylanjf83 said:

Buffalo Bills

The red streak from the Bills logo has been changed to a red lightning bolt, taken from the City of Buffalo's flag. Red helmets return, and 'BUFFALO' is between the shoulder stripes.

Love the return of the red helmets. The numbers seem a bit odd to me, like a little too stretched out, but overall I think this a solid look. I wouldn't mind seeing the white striped socks worn with both the home and road unis.

Kansas City Chiefs

The Super Bowl Champs get a fresh logo in their redesign. The old lettering in the logo that looked very similar to San Francisco has been replaced with a geometric font that gives an old-school Chiefs vibe. The sleeve stripes point up, like a chevron, and the pant stripe is the KC turned 270*, both playing into the arrowhead-theme of the jersey. The Chiefs don't get an alternate because they don't need one.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I really like your changes to the logos for the Chiefs, Giants, and Bills. 

The chevron jersey design works surprisingly well for KC.

That said I'm not really feeling the font and sleeve text for Buffalo, or the heavy use of gray on New York. The Empire State Building stripe is cool but the outlining could stand to be simplified a tad.

I think Atlanta could still use some work. The wings feel very vertically squished. I would try having them fill the full width of the shoulder yoke, and maybe ditch the outlining on the red & white jerseys where it's not necessary. Lastly, I think I agree with @JOEYxFRESCO here: the use of gold feels kinda inconsistent throughout the set. It should either feel like a minimal accent color everywhere like it does on the jersey, or should be included as a major color like it is on the pants. Regardless, the gold touching white bleeds weirdly.

Some cool ideas here for sure, just a tad of cleaning up and you're golden!

• 2 weeks later...

New England Patriots

Pat Patriot makes a return, with some deeper colors, and 6 stars on his tricorn hat. The 6 stars, also featured on the right chest of the jersey, represent the 6 states of New England (MA, ME, RI, NH, VT, CN), and the 6 Super Bowls won during the team's dynasty years. Split on whether the home jersey should be red or blue.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Washington Warriors

I feel like the Warriors will be the name that Dan Snyder ends up going with, that way the team can use a spear on the helmet like they used to. A 'W' with 3 stars replaces the head on the former logo, with the 3 stars drawing from lots of different elements (DC flag, 3 regions of the DMV, 3 Super Bowl wins, 3 team names in franchise history). This still keeps the franchises historical look, while updating what needed to be changed.

As a Cowboys fan, this is absolutely the way I'd want the skins to go. I'd hate for them to completely switch up the design and go for a tacky, non traditional name. I've always loved the spear on the helmet, if they came out and dropped this tomorrow I'd be super satisfied. Unreal work with them. Only thing I'd add would be some burgundy pants for the away set, but other than that this is perfection

On 6/17/2020 at 5:31 PM, dylanjf83 said:

New York Giants

The font for the logo and wordmark has been updated to a more gothic New York look, and the Empire State Building is featured in the 'Y' of 'NY'; the building also plays into the empire gray-look that is heavily featured. Gray away jerseys, and gray numbers on the home and alternate. The Empire State Building is also featured in the pants stripe.

Please no more grey, most of us are sick of it

I'm working on updates right now for the Falcons, Giants, Warriors, and possibly the Bills, but for now I am going to post other teams I have already completed.

Indianapolis Colts

There's not much to update with the Colts, as they have one of the classic looks in the NFL. I updated the font to something similar they released earlier this year, and placed an "I" in the horseshoe. New logo is on the right chest, and player numbers appear in the horseshoe on the helmet. The black alternate has black numbers, instead of blue, on the helmet.

Archived