NFL 2020/21 Redesign (26/32, PHI added, GB updated)

dylanjf83

On 6/17/2020 at 5:31 PM, dylanjf83 said:

New York Giants

The font for the logo and wordmark has been updated to a more gothic New York look, and the Empire State Building is featured in the 'Y' of 'NY'; the building also plays into the empire gray-look that is heavily featured. Gray away jerseys, and gray numbers on the home and alternate. The Empire State Building is also featured in the pants stripe.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Would look better if the numbers on the blue and red jersey were white; make the gray jersey white too. Legibility from a filming perspective would be pretty bad. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really love what you've done with these uniforms they are very very impressive. The only ones I wasn't a fan of were the Bills bc the classic 60s-70s Bills uniforms are some of my favorite uniforms of all time, in my personal top 3 or 5. But still they weren't bad looking it was just personal preferences. The black Colts uniform and the Cardinals red helmets. But overall you're doing a great job with these redesigns these are some of the best I have seen here. 

On 6/17/2020 at 4:31 PM, dylanjf83 said:

New York Giants

The font for the logo and wordmark has been updated to a more gothic New York look, and the Empire State Building is featured in the 'Y' of 'NY'; the building also plays into the empire gray-look that is heavily featured. Gray away jerseys, and gray numbers on the home and alternate. The Empire State Building is also featured in the pants stripe.

It's a great concept, but rather than include the white pants, perhaps lighten the shade of gray that you use here and replace any white with the new pale gray? I love leaning into the gray, which is a shock for me, since I love the old LT era look without the gray, but I think including ANY white is a mistake if you're going with a gray road jersey.

Indianapolis Colts, v.2 Alternate

On 7/14/2020 at 1:05 PM, Maroon&Gold said:

I like the idea of numbers in the horseshoe. The blue numbers on the black jersey would be illegible even with the outline. I couldn't read Hilton holding my phone the normal length away so fans and refs would probably have trouble with numbers in a game setting. Maybe try white numbers with a blue outline?

I was thinking it would look similar to Duke's black uniforms, but I totally understand where you're coming from. I inverted the blue and white, and you couldn't even notice the blue, so I decided to swap black for the grey. I think a grey alternate looks better for Indy than black.spacer.png

Houston Oilers

I think the Oilers had one of the best logo/uniform sets in NFL history, and I've never really liked the Texans identity. In a perfect world, where the Titans would agree to allow Houston to change their name, here is a modern version of the Oilers.

9 minutes ago, dylanjf83 said:

Houston Oilers

I think the Oilers had one of the best logo/uniform sets in NFL history, and I've never really liked the Texans identity. In a perfect world, where the Titans would agree to allow Houston to change their name, here is a modern version of the Oilers.

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

“Look out football, here we come!  Houston Oilers, Number One!”

spacer.png

Detroit Lions

The Lions see a couple changes here. The sleeve stripes are now vertical, the face mask is Honolulu Blue, the word mark has been changed to a more old-school car vibe, and the number font is now typical block numbering. Throwback in place of an alternate because I've never liked the Lions grey jersey.

• 6 months later...
On 7/23/2020 at 4:00 PM, dylanjf83 said:

Detroit Lions

The Lions see a couple changes here. The sleeve stripes are now vertical, the face mask is Honolulu Blue, the word mark has been changed to a more old-school car vibe, and the number font is now typical block numbering. Throwback in place of an alternate because I've never liked the Lions grey jersey.

There is a lot to like about this Lions concept. I don't like the inverted stripes as much but I get the concept. With Spielman now involved in the front office I can absolutely see the team refreshing those jerseys from the Spielman/Barry era for the next generation of Lions. I do like the current look but the white does make things pop.

Great job.

Cincinnati Bengals

Sorry for the long delay, but we return with a team that will be getting new jerseys this year. The helmet stripes now spell out "CINCY," with the second C helping form the Y. Also, screw the 1-helmet rule, the Bengals get the option for a white away helmet. For their jerseys, block numbers return, with drop shadows reminiscent of the most recent Bengals jerseys. Sleeves now feature tiger stripes between two black stripes, except on the black alternate. 

Seattle Seahawks

Seahawks maintain their logo, but will now use a darker green, similar to their pre-2000s colors. Seahawk logo on a stripe on the sleeve. Like the Giants in this series, white has been mostly phased out in favor of grey. The away uniform is a light grey, while dark greens return as an alternate. New font for the wordmark and numbers, with the new wordmark appearing on the left chest.

On 7/8/2020 at 2:53 PM, dylanjf83 said:

New England Patriots

Pat Patriot makes a return, with some deeper colors, and 6 stars on his tricorn hat. The 6 stars, also featured on the right chest of the jersey, represent the 6 states of New England (MA, ME, RI, NH, VT, CN), and the 6 Super Bowls won during the team's dynasty years. Split on whether the home jersey should be red or blue.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

I absolutely LOVE these. I would go with the blue as the home. As much as I like the red it always felt weird having a team called the Patriots with a colonial theme wear mainly red.

ZUH86xc.png

On 7/13/2020 at 6:29 PM, dylanjf83 said:

Denver Broncos

The Broncos see a clash of old school and new school, as a Bronco jumping through a D returns. Very similar to the Color Rush uniforms, with a different font used across the set.

I don't find this logo appealing at all.  First off, that secondary logo of theirs just needs to see the bottom of a trash bin.  Second, shoehorning it into a D just doesn't work.  Also not fond of the shape of that D, it's too square.  Lastly, when you think of Colorado, one of the things is bright blue skies, I'd go with more of a royal blue to match.  Like the striping pattern and font.  

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Pittsburgh Steelers

The Steelers have near perfect uniforms.I got rid of the round number font in favor of block numbering on the chest and back, and stencil-ed numbering similar to the font on the sleeves. The pant and helmet stripe features a blue and red bar (and yellow if it''s a black stripe) connected to the rest of the stripe.Not really a big fan of any Steelers alternates, but I threw in a yellow one.

Archived