NFL 2020/21 Redesign (26/32, PHI added, GB updated)

dylanjf83

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/14/2021 at 12:20 AM, dylanjf83 said:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The Super Bowl LV Champions got a new look last year, but I went in a more creamsicle direction. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Fantastic job as per usual. However, I'd get rid of the skull patch. It just makes things look too busy. The ship logo on the sleeves adds enough detail on its own.

6 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I'm curious as to if you chose gold for the Titans based off the New York Titans?

No, I wanted to go in a direction similar to other pro teams in Tennessee, and I like how the Preds and Griz use dark/light blue and gold. I looked it up and it does look similar to the New York Titans gold, so that is a nice bonus touch. 

New Orleans Saints

For NOLA's team, I updated the gold to a more old gold, opposed to Vegas gold. I updated the wordmark to a more blockish/gothic font that fits both the Saints and NOLA well. The fleur-de-lis only has one outline now. The shield that is featured in this logo has been updated with the new wordmark, and is on the left chest. No alternate for the Saints.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Chicago Bears

Da Bears get a slight update to their logos and uniforms. The top of the wishbone C now lines up with the bottom, and the 4-stars from the Chicago flag are featured inside. The George S. Halas patch moves from the sleeve to the right chest, and is in an updated Bears font. The 4-stars on featured on the sleeves.

• 1 month later...

New York Jets

I decided to combine the old-school and new-school Jets jerseys in this concepts. I carried over the airplane-stencil looking numbers to the jerseys, and brought back the old shoulder style. The flying jet makes a return in the logo, as well as up the leg stripe and the helmet stripe. There's no black across any of the sets, except for the black cleats. Kelly green makes a return as the alternate.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Los Angeles Rams

I know most of you might hate it, but I decided to lean into the gradients and horns featured in the Rams new logo. I think the team intended to go with gradient horns on the helmet, but decided against it after backlash with the logo. The helmet and shoulders feature gradient horns on the home and away jerseys. Block numbers return, and no gradients in any of the pants stripe. For the yellow alternate, I decided against horns on the jersey, and instead went for gradient pants. White pants are interchangeable for all. Most importantly, no bone.

On 4/14/2021 at 9:55 PM, dylanjf83 said:

Los Angeles Rams

I know most of you might hate it, but I decided to lean into the gradients and horns featured in the Rams new logo. I think the team intended to go with gradient horns on the helmet, but decided against it after backlash with the logo. The helmet and shoulders feature gradient horns on the home and away jerseys. Block numbers return, and no gradients in any of the pants stripe. For the yellow alternate, I decided against horns on the jersey, and instead went for gradient pants. White pants are interchangeable for all. Most importantly, no bone.

This above is exactly what the Rams tried to do: take the beloved throwbacks and put a modern twist with gradients and breaks in the horn. Execution, however, is what separates the above beauty from the Rams’ bone-headed(get it?) uniforms.

On a different note, I don’t think every team needs a dark set of pants. With most teams it’s fine, but the 3 racing stripes will get redundant quickly. Teams like the Cowboys, Rams, and Packers could use white pants with the dark jersey instead.

Also, could you lighten the navy on my Cowboys? It’s creeping into Raiders territory.

6 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

This above is exactly what the Rams tried to do: take the beloved throwbacks and put a modern twist with gradients and breaks in the horn. Execution, however, is what separates the above beauty from the Rams’ bone-headed(get it?) uniforms.

What would the rams Blue jerseys look like with a white outline on the numbers? I feel like it would pop and make it fresh/modern while still nodding to the past. 

I don't love the orange gradient by any means (even compared to what they did introduce) but if you're going to use it, it feels like it should be incorporated in some other places. 

On 4/16/2021 at 11:48 AM, dylanjf83 said:

Green Bay Packers

Decided to go with stencil numbers to match an updated Packers wordmark. The G returns to the sleeve.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Like the green pants, but any change to the Packers font needs to be a block font, even if it is stenciled. Also, drop shadows or even outlines defeat the purpose of a stencil font.

Archived