Seattle Kraken NHL Franchise Concept

Patchey13

This is awesome. I am thrilled to see a Seattle concept that isn't just reconstituted Seahawks or Mariners colors.  I love it.  That Kraken looks really sinister.

mainescarf.png

5 hours ago, SNBSlugger said:

This is awesome. I am thrilled to see a Seattle concept that isn't just reconstituted Seahawks or Mariners colors.  I love it.  That Kraken looks really sinister.

Thanks. I wanted to avoid rehashing every other Seattle concept using the Green and Blue.

5 hours ago, jbird669 said:

Really digging that third jersey logo!

Thanks. I've got a lot of positive feedback on it from reddit as well. It was my least favorite aspect of the package when I created it.

I fully agree that the secondary is the star here, in particular the first version, without the tentacle. It could stand on its own as a Seattle Metropolitans logo, or act as a secondary with pretty much any name. There's no reason the secondary has to reflect the team name, as long as it reflects the city/region; for example, see this Panthers logo, this Coyotes logo, or the Canadian and Alberta flags on the shoulders of the Flames jerseys. Adding the tentacle breaks up the flow of the wave, which I think takes away a lot of the visual appeal. Though I will admit I'm biased, as I'm not a fan of the Kraken name.

Archived