LOGOLYMPIAD X - EVENT 8 - Fantasy Team

pollux

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is the big one! The CFL has finally decided to expand to get to 10 teams! But they are still undecided where the latest team will play, and the league thinks that seeing a complete identity might sway their decision. Therefore, you must come up with a complete ID for a team based in one of the following locations: Halifax (NS), London (ON), Quebec City (QC), or Victoria (BC).

Requirements

• You must select a team name that hasn't been used professionally by your chosen location.
  • The location name must remain the city name. So Halifax cannot be named Atlantic, for example. However, you can use Québec (French version) for Quebec City.
  • You must provide the following items for your identity:
    • A primary logo;
    • A wordmark;
    • Two uniform sets: one white, and one colored; a uniform set consists of a jersey, pants, socks, and a helmet. Therefore you should have two of everything on your submission, even if the pants or helmet are the same for both sets.
  • Use a template that shows the full set as if it was laying flat on a surface. Don't add unnecessary depth effects or shadows. Again, the design is what we want to see, not your ability to add filters.
  • For the jersey, show the front and the back.
  • For the pants, you should be able to show a front and side view, or a three quarter view which would show any piping on the side of the pants.

NOTE: If you're unsure whether your template qualifies or not, send me a PM with an image of the blank template and I will let you know if it's OK.

Deadline: Friday, June 19th, 11:59AM Eastern Time

Guidelines for submitting your entry

Failure to follow the guidelines could result in your entry being inadvertently (or intentionally) excluded from judging.

Entries must be emailed to logolympiad (at) gmail (dot) com prior to the set deadline. Subject line should be the event number (Ex: Event 1). Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

Entries must be submitted as .jpg, .gif, or .png formats. The file name format of the submission is: event#_yourusername.extension (Ex: event1_pollux.png). The file must be attached to your email.

All final entries must be 1200x800 pixels with at least 100 pixels of white space at the bottom of the image. This means that your presentation has to fit in an 1200x700 pixels window (1200 pixels wide by 700 pixels high). I will NOT resize entries that are not properly done, so make sure it’s right.

The background of the entries should be solid white, unless otherwise specified. You must not use gradients, shadows, patterns, lines, etc. on your background.

Do not add any text, like labels, or images to your submission, unless otherwise specified. Do not add the team name, location, entry number, event type, etc.

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for judging. I will also provide each entry with a number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes their identity or the identity of anyone else will be DQ’d.

You should receive an automatic reply once you submit your entry. If you don’t receive one, please PM me directly. If I see an issue with the format of your submission, I will contact you giving you a chance to resubmit. I will NOT, however, comment on the content of the submission.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

8 hours ago, Josef_Bretones said:

Can the primary logo have the wordmark integrated or must they be completely separated?

The wordmark can be integrated in the primary, but you would still have to provide the primary and a separate wordmark with your submission.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

From a PM:

Can we use Québec (the French version) for the city name or must it be Quebec City?

For Québec, yes it can be either. I actually would encourage using the French version rather than the English version of the city name.

From a PM:

If I were to make a French wordmark for a team in Quebec City, should I make an English wordmark too like some other French Canadian teams do, or would just the French one suffice?

The French one would be sufficient. No need to double-up the work because it's in French. Just make sure you have the right spelling.

Just to be certain, the requirements say "Two uniform sets: one white, and one colored". Colored elements ( i.e. pants) are permitted on the white set, correct? Does the white set practically mean a set with a white jersey?

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

1 hour ago, charliehustle said:

Just to be certain, the requirements say "Two uniform sets: one white, and one colored". Colored elements ( i.e. pants) are permitted on the white set, correct? Does the white set practically mean a set with a white jersey?

Yes, colored pants are allowed on the white set. The jersey must be white.

The event is over! Voting will be up soon.

• pollux unpinned this topic

Archived