Powerade

Absolutely does not read like that at all. Very obviously says Powerade. Not a great design, but not the worst that’s come out of their revolving door of designs in the last 15 years. 

spacer.png

On 6/13/2020 at 12:17 PM, mattb6 said:

Absolutely does not read like that at all. Very obviously says Powerade. Not a great design, but not the worst that’s come out of their revolving door of designs in the last 15 years. 

All the branding changes with Powerade are done by Glacéau as Coke has designated that team as their sport drink division. Its also why a lot of new Powerade type things have come out as well. 

Powerade's always been one of the least relevant beverages ever to exist.  It was Coke's answer to Gatorade, and they've always branded it like bottom of the barrel schlock; like something you'd see in a movie where they couldn't get the rights to use Gatorade.

41nOvh3wbYL._SX425_.jpg

fe51d077df09fe09c26bfece64170132.jpge58b5889c7fa0cb327aa7a2f79e20953.jpg

So in some ways, I guess, it's an upgrade?  Going to a minimalistic label and letting the unsual bottles be more of the brand is a bit clever.

PA-ULTRA.png

PA-Power-Water-768x768.png

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

To me, the only time i recall anyone actively being excited to have a Powerade was when I was in high school and McDonalds would have the blue Powerade at the soda dispenser. I'm sure if it was Gatorade, we would have been even more excited but McDonalds deal with Coca-Cola won't allow that.

5 hours ago, CherryMX said:

Powerade's always been one of the least relevant beverages ever to exist.  It was Coke's answer to Gatorade, and they've always branded it like bottom of the barrel schlock; like something you'd see in a movie where they couldn't get the rights to use Gatorade.

It's not even the top sports drink owned by Coca-Cola and seems pointless in a crowded market. I can only assume they only keep it around because they only have a minority stake in BodyArmor and want to provide a cheaper alternative. Personally I don't mind paying extra for BodyArmor because it's healthier and tastes better than Powerade and Gatorade. 

On 6/18/2020 at 8:17 AM, CherryMX said:

So in some ways, I guess, it's an upgrade?  Going to a minimalistic label and letting the unsual bottles be more of the brand is a bit clever.

PA-ULTRA.png

That brown color on the bottles (I've never seen it before in real life) looks awful

Still want to stay on topic, but my favorite flavor of Gatorade/Powerade is definitely white cherry (Cherry in general is my favorite fruity flavor)

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

On 6/20/2020 at 1:10 PM, Bruhammydude said:

That brown color on the bottles (I've never seen it before in real life) looks awful

Still want to stay on topic, but my favorite flavor of Gatorade/Powerade is definitely white cherry (Cherry in general is my favorite fruity flavor)

I've seen them a couple times and it looks more Vegas Gold in real life than those pictures suggest. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 6/18/2020 at 11:32 AM, VDizzle12 said:

It's not even the top sports drink owned by Coca-Cola and seems pointless in a crowded market. I can only assume they only keep it around because they only have a minority stake in BodyArmor and want to provide a cheaper alternative. Personally I don't mind paying extra for BodyArmor because it's healthier and tastes better than Powerade and Gatorade. 

I wonder how much of a hit BodyArmor took after Kobe's tragic and untimely demise.  I like it better but it's not as widely available as Gatorade or even generic sports drinks.

18 hours ago, sayahh said:

I wonder how much of a hit BodyArmor took after Kobe's tragic and untimely demise.  I like it better but it's not as widely available as Gatorade or even generic sports drinks.

They've built a decent team of high profile athletes, who in some cases have become part investors. Read somewhere that their goal was to outsell Gatorade by 2025. Walmart's usually my go-to but lately they are sold out of the main flavors, leaving only low calorie options. Some local grocery chains have a few flavors, but still not as many as Gatorade and Powerade.

Archived