Charlotte Bulls logo concept (Charlotte 49ers rebrand)

OHK

Following up from my first ever concept, I decided again for a wholesale team rebrand, this time for the Charlotte 49ers.

I have lived in Charlotte for a few years, and while I a) did not attend UNCC and b) understand there is a history of gold mining and minting in Charlotte, the name 49ers still seems out-of-place for the region. Additionally, their existing logo and branding doesn't inspire anything for me. Therefore, my rebrand is wholesale, changing name, logo, and colors.

spacer.png

My inspiration was the historic duchy of Mecklenburg. For those unfamiliar, Charlotte is named after Queen Charlotte, and Mecklenburg County, where the city of Charlotte is located, is the aforementioned duchy where Queen Charlotte originated. While bulls themselves have no specific significance in Charlotte, I utilized Mecklenburg's coat of arms for inspiration and as my (lazy) starting point, while also incorporating Charlotte's current crown logo: 

spacer.png spacer.png

For colors, I opted to go someone outside the standard color palette for the region, using Mecklenburg's historical flag as inspiration: 

spacer.png

As always, all feedback is welcome (and if you've got a football uniform template [vector], I'll shamelessly plug that I'm looking!).

Archived