LOGOLYMPIAD X - EVENT 9 - Time Warp

pollux

spacer.png

spacer.png

For this event, you need to choose one of the franchises that joined the NBA after 1975, and design a primary logo, a white uniform, and a colored uniform as if the franchise joined the league as an original founder of the NBA back in 1946 (when it was the BAA). This means that you can choose between the following current franchises:

• Dallas Mavericks
  • Charlotte Hornets
  • Miami Heat
  • Orlando Magic
  • Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Toronto Raptors
  • Memphis Grizzlies
  • New Orleans Pelicans

Requirements

• You must keep the name and the location of the current franchise, so use one of the franchises listed above.
  • A uniform consists of a short and a jersey. You must display the front and the back of the jersey for each uniform.
  • Provide a primary logo, a white uniform, and a colored uniform.
  • Include the current logo of the franchise on your submission, but no bigger than 150px by 150px. This is for reference only.
  • You can use any color you want for your franchise.

Deadline: Monday, June 22nd, 11:59AM Eastern Time

Guidelines for submitting your entry

Failure to follow the guidelines could result in your entry being inadvertently (or intentionally) excluded from judging.

Entries must be emailed to logolympiad (at) gmail (dot) com prior to the set deadline. Subject line should be the event number (Ex: Event 1). Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

Entries must be submitted as .jpg, .gif, or .png formats. The file name format of the submission is: event#_yourusername.extension (Ex: event1_pollux.png). The file must be attached to your email.

All final entries must be 1200x800 pixels with at least 100 pixels of white space at the bottom of the image. This means that your presentation has to fit in an 1200x700 pixels window (1200 pixels wide by 700 pixels high). I will NOT resize entries that are not properly done, so make sure it’s right.

The background of the entries should be solid white, unless otherwise specified. You must not use gradients, shadows, patterns, lines, etc. on your background.

Do not add any text, like labels, or images to your submission, unless otherwise specified. Do not add the team name, location, entry number, event type, etc.

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for judging. I will also provide each entry with a number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes their identity or the identity of anyone else will be DQ’d.

You should receive an automatic reply once you submit your entry. If you don’t receive one, please PM me directly. If I see an issue with the format of your submission, I will contact you giving you a chance to resubmit. I will NOT, however, comment on the content of the submission.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

1 hour ago, scottyeagle said:

Does the primary logo need to contain the name and location of the team as it does in the current NBA? 

No, you don't need to have any text in the primary if that's what you want to do.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

7 hours ago, Krz said:

Just to be clear, we need both a new "old" logo, and the current one for reference?

Correct.

2 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

If i were to use a specific jersey material for historical accuracy, how would you want me to explain that?

There's no way to explain jersey material since you can't add text on your design. So if it's not really visible, I would suggest finding another way to incorporate this. Otherwise, you'll have to let your design speak for itself.

You can probably look at earlier time warps from other Logolympiads. It may have been done before through the design itself.

20 minutes ago, Jake3roo said:

Does the team have to be in the location it is currently in? Or are previous locations allowed?

On 6/15/2020 at 1:09 PM, pollux said:

Requirements

• You must keep the name and the location of the current franchise, so use one of the franchises listed above.
  • A uniform consists of a short and a jersey. You must display the front and the back of the jersey for each uniform.
  • Provide a primary logo, a white uniform, and a colored uniform.
  • Include the current logo of the franchise on your submission, but no bigger than 150px by 150px. This is for reference only.
  • You can use any color you want for your franchise.

Keep the current location :).

Can the uniform template display a side view of the jersey as well along with the front and the back to show stripes?

Or does the template strictly have to be front and back?

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13

2 hours ago, CinnamonRoll21 said:

Can the uniform template display a side view of the jersey as well along with the front and the back to show stripes?

Or does the template strictly have to be front and back?

You can display a side view of the jersey if you want. But don't add any depth effect to it.

The event is now over! Voting will be up soon.

• pollux unpinned this topic

Archived