Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

12 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

THEY TOOK AWAY ORANGE AND ADDED SILVER?  

Yeah, but they got a prime Deion Sanders, which makes it a fair trade in my book.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The red and orange is such a warm and unique look, dropping it completely in favor of basically cosplaying a division rival's throwback would be super disappointing. I'm still holding out hope that the person who supposedly saw the new set just didn't have a super trained eye and didn't pick up on subtle orange accents. 

spacer.png

I’ve actually been thinking a lot about the comparisons between a stripped-down Buccaneers jersey and the Falcons’ color rush set (as well as if their new uniform will look anything like it), which reminded me of how many people I know that complain about Ohio State’s current jersey looking like Wisconsin’s (identifiable markers aside) when worn by fans in the stands.

That then brings me to the point I always make, which is that the entire uniform is different (color of helmet, pants, etc.) when worn by the players on the field. At the end of the day, the Buccaneers and Falcons’ jerseys could look very similar. But the former will have pewter helmets and pants while the latter will have either a red or black helmet and white, black or gray pants, creating some much-needed separation.

Now I’m sure a designer will point out to me the importance of maintaining your brand’s uniqueness across all applications, etc., but I still felt it was worth pointing out that they’ll look nothing alike on the field no matter how similar the jerseys themselves are. 

I agree they’ll look much different on the field. However, fans in the stands (and in public) should not be an afterthought considering 99% of them will be wearing only the jersey to show their support. I don’t see many fans rocking the full uni around town or the stadiums on game day. 

2 minutes ago, DejaEntendu said:

I agree they’ll look much different on the field. However, fans in the stands (and in public) should not be an afterthought considering 99% of them will be wearing only the jersey to show their support. I don’t see many fans rocking the full uni around town or the stadiums on game day. 

An accurate assessment, but — in my opinion — that’s where the identifiable markers come into play. 

When it comes to Ohio State and Wisconsin, their stripes are different, they use a different number font, they’re sponsored by different apparel companies and one has a big logo on the chest. I know some of those (like the manufacturer) won’t be different with Atlanta and Tampa Bay, of course, but the logos on the sleeves and the possible wordmark(s) on the chest, as well as the number/player name, should be enough to tell the difference on a fan in the stands or on the streets.

6 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

If I'm the Bucs and if their new jerseys end up looking like the Falcons new jerseys, I'd say you BETTER unveil those uniforms first. Whomever unveils second will be the copy whether true or not. 

This raises a question -- are NFL teams able to see other NFL teams' proposed logos and uniforms before they're unveiled?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

This raises a question -- are NFL teams able to see other NFL teams' proposed logos and uniforms before they're unveiled?

That is a great question.  Since they have to file their intent to change with the league, I have to believe that all the teams continue to work with the league in some capacity (even if just periodic check-ins), so even if the teams don't see each other's, the league does, since they have to approve every design.  

I don't give the NFL much credit, but hopefully someone would say something if it was too close.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That is a great question.  Since they have to file their intent to change with the league, I have to believe that all the teams continue to work with the league in some capacity (even if just periodic check-ins), so even if the teams don't see each other's, the league does, since they have to approve every design.  

I don't give the NFL much credit, but hopefully someone would say something if it was too close.

Or hopefully someone with Nike (or whoever the manufacturer is at the time) would also say something if teams looked too similar, especially from the same division

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I would like to think they ( Nike )  would at least highly advise clubs about aspects of others projects in the same league they are doing. So they don't come out looking similar, and they're   supposed to be the latest and greatest in uniform tech and design so of course they're gonna wanna know how they measure up to their counterparts.    

#DTWD #GoJaguars

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

We’re less than a week away from the unveiling and no leaks. Shame.

That’s 100% due to all the places leaks normally come from being shutdown at the moment. 

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

They’ve got to be able to. Uniforms are proprietary right? If they are this close to the old Falcons unis you’ve got to think the Falcons are going in a completely different direction. Al Davis tried suing the Panthers before their public unveiling if I remember right.

10 minutes ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Apparently the falcons don’t even have a set release date 

Rumor is 4/14. But there isn’t a confirmation on that yet. 

On 4/2/2020 at 5:17 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

How could actual pirates operate in ridiculous getups like that?  Wouldn't it limit mobility and be extremely heavy if got wet?  I get that they didn't have a 'vapor untouchable' (barf) pirate uniform, but that just seems incredibly impractical.  "Oh we're going to raid this incoming ship, but first let me tie my oversized bow tie and make sure my frilly size-3 boots are on right."

People used to think it important to look professional and put together when they were out in public. This trend lasted several centuries.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

13 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

People used to think it important to look professional and put together when they were out in public. This trend lasted several centuries.

918363c4a582a7571ae8cc3025ce6aae.jpg  752D1C32-8D25-4E4D-8334-A84EC144CD75.jpg

This would be the perfect opportunity for some RBK or Nike speak:

By eliminating the sash, gloves, plume, booties, and tie, and replacing them with a moisture-wicking plain top and a shemaug that covers the head to protect from the sun, we were able to reduce weight by 510%.  Aslo, replacing the sword with a semi-automatic rifle will enable the pirate to kill at an exponentially-higher rate.  The team will be significantly faster and more lethal in their new uniform.  Big thanks to the designers that made this happen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived