Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

I assume you’re referring to this tweet, which obviously had placeholders for some teams (as evidenced by the Chargers and Rams’ logos being their previous designs). 

Edit: Missed the post above explaining as much.

Yes that was it thank you for clearing it up for me

14 hours ago, CrookedThumb said:

I was at Lids Locker Room a few weeks ago to look for a mini-helmet for my desk at work, and they had the top one for sale.  Was tempted to buy it.

15 hours ago, Haz_Matt said:

I know these aren't what the bucs are doing but I thought they were both pretty cool.

spacer.png

I don't know why... but I think  I like this. Down size the logo, then .... maybe.

So, I'm having a text conversation a few days back with an old college buddy, We get to talking about Brady going to the Bucs, and he says, "I can't believe Brady's going to have to wear those awful uniforms with the alarm clock digits"

I reply with, "He won't; the Bucs are changing their uniforms."

His response, "Good, because Brady in a different uniform would be like Babe Ruth not wearing the NY on his pinstriped home jersey."

Again, I reply with "Ruth never wore the NY insignia on his home jersey (my favorite piece of uni-related trivia, BTW), and the Babe played his last season with the Boston Braves."

His reply, "Really?!?! Only you would know this stuff."

To which I replied, "Well, there are a few places on the internet where there's evidence that I'm not the only one."

When one of the players said you can’t lose when you wear those! I’m guessing that’s either and orange or all pewter...you can’t really tell with these younger guys. I believe most us 80’s kids would be pumped about orange not dark grey

Probably talked about earlier when the new colors were leaked, but with the elimination of “pewter metallic” I’m thinking the helmet will be a pewter satin finish. Hopefully not flat matte. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

I have a feeling they’re ditching the silver, inside the skull anyway.

That’s a step in the right direction.  A second step would be to eliminate the ridiculous silver outline around the whole logo.

Yeah we already saw a draft hat of the Bucs in one of the threads because we had the Big Guava conversation.

Also, just because there's orange in the logo doesn't mean there's going to be orange on the jerseys. Plenty of teams have colours in there logos that aren't on their jerseys and the football is just football-ish coloured.

IEI5Tg1.png

6 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Yeah we already saw a draft hat of the Bucs in one of the threads because we had the Big Guava conversation.

Also, just because there's orange in the logo doesn't mean there's going to be orange on the jerseys. Plenty of teams have colours in there logos that aren't on their jerseys and the football is just football-ish coloured.

It’s ok to leave them out of the jerseys as long as they are an option all their own. Like Jacksonville

3 hours ago, mafiaman said:

That’s a step in the right direction.  A second step would be to eliminate the ridiculous silver outline around the whole logo.

I much prefer the silver around the logo as opposed to white. It blends in better with the helmet imo. 

1 hour ago, daniel75 said:

I much prefer the silver around the logo as opposed to white. It blends in better with the helmet imo. 

Black would make more sense, would it not?

I still contend that the previous logo looked so much better than the current one.

58 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

I still contend that the previous logo looked so much better than the current one.

100% old logo superior I do like the brighter red in the new one but everything else about the old logo gives off the feel of a tattered pirate flag 

3 hours ago, mafiaman said:

Agreed. The current logo's skull has an obnoxiously large forehead, at least when compared by the old logo side-by-side. Bothers me every time I see it.

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

Archived