Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Too many double outlines. Messy.

Perhaps it comes down to personal preference, but for a sports uniform I don’t find anything messy about these old Jags unis. There’s consistent color blocking between the numbers and the stripes when on white.

For expansion teams especially, featuring more than just the standard one or 2 colors feels very appropriate. 

Midway.png

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Imagining it and it actually being there are two separate things. Outside of the teal jersey and pants, they’re the knock-off Raiders. They screwed the pooch big time with their latest “update”.

Yeah, that's why I said they were boring. I don't see a trainwreck, just that it's missing one solid element.

27 minutes ago, TruColor said:

Original Pewter (flat version, and metallic):

spacer.png  spacer.png

Newer version - flat version and metallic (soon to be old? Dunno.):

spacer.png  spacer.png

Thank you for confirming what I've long suspected--i just couldn't tell if it was because of the flat fabric vs the former sheen material. The latter pewter seems to inch closer to Nike's anthracite than the original pewter. I personally hope they revert back to the original lighter color. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

Yeah, that's why I said they were boring. I don't see a trainwreck, just that it's missing one solid element.

They could’ve kept the previous design if they had just trimmed it down. By trimmed it down I mean using the current helmet instead of the two-tone.

1 hour ago, joekono said:

Jags got it right the first time:1995 Jaguars Stock Pictures, Royalty-free Photos & Images - Getty ...79 days until kickoff: Dave Widell, the first Jaguars center - Big ...

Exactly! These were modern classics and its been down hill ever since. I especially love the matching numbers and stripes, perfectly balanced colors too.

It's also the reason why the bucs previous uniforms worked so well:

spacer.png

The new Bucs uniforms have to be the best kept redesign secret since Nike took over, right? I mean there haven’t been any real leaks. Which as of now, could only be provided through players or team personnel. Everyone has been pretty hush for the most part.

Probably, but as was said either here earlier today or in one of the other NFL redesign threads, the COVID-19 shutdown of retailers helped keep leaks at bay. That being said, we went up until maybe 18 hours before the Jets unveiled their uniforms without the jerseys being leaked last year which was pretty impressive in this day and age. The logo leaked a while before, but took right til the very end for the jerseys to leak

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

5 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

The new Bucs uniforms have to be the best kept redesign secret since Nike took over, right? I mean there haven’t been any real leaks. Which as of now, could only be provided through players or team personnel. Everyone has been pretty hush for the most part.

I think Uniwatch had an article a few weeks ago that showed us 99% of what the uniforms will be. So actually quite the opposite of "hush". Unless that was a decoy, but I doubt it. 

https://uni-watch.com/2020/03/12/exclusive-uni-watch-has-first-look-at-bucs-new-uniforms/?amp

3 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

No we saw what they will look like weeks ago. There’s been zero leaks with the falcons or chargers 

1 minute ago, VDizzle12 said:

I think Uniwatch had an article that showed us 99% of what the uniforms will be. So actually quite the opposite of "hush".

1 minute ago, Colin_Pernett said:

No we saw what they will look like weeks ago. There’s been zero leaks with the falcons or chargers 

They were showing what they’re presumed to look like. Based off word of mouth. Nothing has been concrete or solid. No legitimate images of the uniforms. Purely concepts.

2 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

I think Uniwatch had an article a few weeks ago that showed us 99% of what the uniforms will be. So actually quite the opposite of "hush". Unless that was a decoy, but I doubt it. 

but technically that was just a mockup based on a description that someone that claims to have seen them gave to the author.  Granted that person said the mockup was really close, but we don't know the source of the info or how credible he is.  My hunch is that what we saw is what we'll get, but I'm just hoping that the orange was just somehow missed and will be on the real things.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The last set were awesome because the orange popped around all the dark colors and balanced out the look very well. The only thing I would have done is enlarge the logo a little. Maybe between the old and the new sizes. Other than that they were perfect. Maybe make an orange alternate for that set but other than that and the helmet logo they didn’t need to change much 

8 minutes ago, jgiff17 said:

The last set were awesome because the orange popped around all the dark colors and balanced out the look very well. The only thing I would have done is enlarge the logo a little. Maybe between the old and the new sizes. Other than that they were perfect. Maybe make an orange alternate for that set but other than that and the helmet logo they didn’t need to change much 

spacer.png

Are you referring to the Superbowl era or the ones from 2014-19? If it’s the former, then I understand, but the latter? Ehh... not so much

1 hour ago, DouglasQuaid said:

Exactly! These were modern classics and its been down hill ever since. I especially love the matching numbers and stripes, perfectly balanced colors too.

It's also the reason why the bucs previous uniforms worked so well:

spacer.png

I'd like to see this set without black and thickened orange striping / outlining replacing it.

2 hours ago, TruColor said:

Original Pewter (flat version, and metallic):

spacer.png  spacer.png

Newer version - flat version and metallic (soon to be old? Dunno.):

spacer.png  spacer.png

So is pewter, as we understand it, just a warmer hue of anthracite?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

8 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

The difference here is that this looks more like an actual Jolly Roger because it lacks the shading; specifically, it looks a lot like the Jolly Roger of Jack Rackham:

spacer.png

Note the lack of shading on the elements on Calico Jack's Jolly Roger? That's why the old flag worked, it was more in line with how Jolly Rogers were historically designed. 

This logo looks like someone tried too hard to make the skull and sword on a flag three-dimensional, which kinda defeats the entire point of...well, putting them on a flag. By the nature of flags, the images on them are two-dimensional; and the extra shading kinda loses the proper Jolly Roger look, which doesn't have shading at all;

spacer.png

And honestly, the actual Jolly Roger itself looks like it was pasted on top of a blank flag and just rotated a bit to kind of match the curvature of the flag.

Sounds like you made my point..

Archived