Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

spacer.png

That's about as perfect as a modern uniform can get in my eyes. It adheres to existing football uniform design expectations but brings something new to the table and looks great whether the jersey is white or red. I hate that they ever got away from this, and I'm not even a Bucs fan. I shouldn't care. That set was just too good to let die out. Look at that balance, look at those colors. I pray they basically go back to this exact look, maybe with a custom number font. Brady deserves to play in something beautiful at least once.

5 hours ago, DNAsports said:

They could’ve kept the previous design if they had just trimmed it down. By trimmed it down I mean using the current helmet instead of the two-tone.

True... I also loved the number font. All they needed was to simplify the leg stripe, helmet, and shoulder caps.

A Look At The Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ Logo History

April 7, 2020 - 07:17 AM

After six seasons in their current set, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are set to unveil new uniforms this afternoon. In preparation for the unveiling, we’ve decided to take a look back at Tampa Bay’s logo history, which dates back to […]

Read More...

7 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Won’t be long now...

Hoping they surprise us and add teal accents to the uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, Wentz2Jeffery said:

What is everyone’s obsession with pewter? Imo it’s just a different shade of brown and it looks terrible 

I don't know that it's terrible, but I think a regular dark gray would be better than the warm/brownish shade that pewter is.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, Wentz2Jeffery said:

What is everyone’s obsession with pewter? Imo it’s just a different shade of brown and it looks terrible 

I think it's less about pewter as a color and more about how well it worked with the red/orange/black that they used in the Bucs hay day.  Also, while the creamsicles are awesome in hindsight, they weren't really viewed with much fanfare by NFL fans nationally.  I remember my family constantly making fun of them when they were on TV back in the day, so when they made the jump to that color scheme and they started looking bad-ass, plus playing good football finally, it felt like they had a new identity that you had to respect.  All in all, I think that's why pewter gets the love it does.  But what do I know I'm an Eagles fan who suffered through the NFC championship game at the Vet so screw the Bucs, lol. 

21 minutes ago, kutztown said:

I think it's less about pewter as a color and more about how well it worked with the red/orange/black that they used in the Bucs hay day.  Also, while the creamsicles are awesome in hindsight, they weren't really viewed with much fanfare by NFL fans nationally.  I remember my family constantly making fun of them when they were on TV back in the day, so when they made the jump to that color scheme and they started looking bad-ass, plus playing good football finally, it felt like they had a new identity that you had to respect.  All in all, I think that's why pewter gets the love it does.  But what do I know I'm an Eagles fan who suffered through the NFC championship game at the Vet so screw the Bucs, lol. 

I think back in the day the creamsicles were disrespected because the Bucs had been historically awful throughout most of the time they wore them. And I agree that the 1997 set was, for a long time, identified with a change in fortunes for the franchise;  they were pretty consistent playoff contenders for the first decade in that set. My point is that I think part of our immediate opinion of a uniform (especially by more general fans) can be colored by the on-the-field performance of the team in that uniform.

In hindsight, both the original Bucs set and the 1997 re-design were good, well-designed uniforms.

53 minutes ago, kutztown said:

I was there for that. Shut the Vet down. I agree about the pewter. However, it is now a losing color. No playoff wins since that 2002 season + no playoff appearances since 2007. If they did a matte white helmet, it would be an elite uniform. The pewter helmet drags it down big time.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

1 minute ago, imawalkingcorpse said:

I was there for that. Shut the Vet down. I agree about the pewter. However, it is now a losing color. No playoff wins since that 2002 season + no playoff appearances since 2007. If they did a matte white helmet, it would be an elite uniform. The pewter helmet drags it down big time.

I was 16.  My first "big" game.  To this day, it's still the loudest I ever remember a stadium, and on the same day the quietest.  I was there for the TB loss and the CAR loss, then had tix to the ATL NFC championship game and couldn't go due to a major illness. Pissed me off for years that I missed it, but then 2017 happened and I scored tickets the day of.  Needless to say the demons were exercised -- GO BIRDS! 

Archived