Buc

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

Recommended Posts

I realize I’m in the minority, but the farther they get away from creamsicle, the better. I’m a fan of Bucco Bruce, but that color pallet is dated like avocado colored kitchen appliances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, imawalkingcorpse said:

I was there for that. Shut the Vet down. I agree about the pewter. However, it is now a losing color. No playoff wins since that 2002 season + no playoff appearances since 2007. If they did a matte white helmet, it would be an elite uniform. The pewter helmet drags it down big time.

 

I was there for it too.  I remember peeing in collector cups because the bathroom pipes froze in the 700 level.  I can't recall many other teams where a coach was out coached so much that an incredibly inferior team was able to win like they did.  Despite glaring holes at MLB and SS (Blaine Bishop GTFO), that was the best - no worse than second best - of all those Andy Reid Eagles teams.  McNabb is a :censored: and I'll never respect anything about him, and same with Andy Reid.  His SB win doesn't change anything - I'll never forgive him for being out coached in literally every big game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

I was there for it too.  I remember peeing in collector cups because the bathroom pipes froze in the 700 level.  I can't recall many other teams where a coach was out coached so much that an incredibly inferior team was able to win like they did.  Despite glaring holes at MLB and SS (Blaine Bishop GTFO), that was the best - no worse than second best - of all those Andy Reid Eagles teams.  McNabb is a :censored: and I'll never respect anything about him, and same with Andy Reid.  His SB win doesn't change anything - I'll never forgive him for being out coached in literally every big game.

Inferior team? That Bucs D is one of the greatest defenses of all time (with two first ballot HOFers, two more knocking on the door, and Simeon Rice who should be in). Also, Gruden finally got the offense clicking (for the first time in Bucs history). They smacked down every single opponent they faced that postseason.  

 

The only “advantages” that Eagles team had on that Bucs team was the weather and a small recent history of “having their number.” In other words, the thought that the Eagles were superior in any way is, and was, a total fallacy.

 

The two games where the Eagles lost to inferior teams were against the Cardinals where they blew it, and to the Panthers. It’s easy to blame injury for Carolina, but it wouldn’t have mattered.

 

McNabb never had what it took to win. He was a fraud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, sonny said:

I realize I’m in the minority, but the farther they get away from creamsicle, the better. I’m a fan of Bucco Bruce, but that color pallet is dated like avocado colored kitchen appliances. 

I disagree, personally; the Creamsicles are really distinct in the modern NFL, where red jerseys are rather common (Falcons, Cards, Niners, Chiefs, etc.). That, and as corny as it looks, it also just fits Florida as a state to a tee. The Dolphins, for example, have always been bright and colorful; which looks great and really fits Florida. The Bucs minimizing orange makes them look dark and dingy, like a team in Cleveland. 😜

 

I'd be down with a set closer to the Super Bowl design, though. As long as we get a decent-looking uniform set and a Creamsicle throwback, I'll be perfectly satisfied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, sonny said:

I realize I’m in the minority, but the farther they get away from creamsicle, the better. I’m a fan of Bucco Bruce, but that color pallet is dated like avocado colored kitchen appliances. 

Agree.

 

There was a reason it was gutted!


Not everything from the past is worthy of being brought to the present. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam Schefter just said on Get Up that 1:00PM is the unveiling time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that Bucs team was great, and only had a worse record than the Eagles due to two games they lost where they just straight up got caught napping in earlier that season. They dropped a game to the lowly Saints (who were in throwbacks that day), and then dropped either a Sunday or Monday nighter to the Steelers that went sour almost immediately. That era of Bucs teams were great, but always had the stigma of a team that had focus issues. 

 

The Eagles were made out to be a HUGE favorite, but the reality of that wasn’t quite that true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FiddySicks said:

Yeah that Bucs team was great, and only had a worse record than the Eagles due to two games they lost where they just straight up got caught napping in earlier that season. They dropped a game to the lowly Saints (who were in throwbacks that day), and then dropped either a Sunday or Monday nighter to the Steelers that went sour almost immediately. That era of Bucs teams were great, but always had the stigma of a team that had focus issues. 

 

The Eagles were made out to be a HUGE favorite, but the reality of that wasn’t quite that true. 

That Buccaneers team was so much better on the defensive side of the ball. That was the worst I have ever been treated at an opposing stadium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

Yeah that Bucs team was great, and only had a worse record than the Eagles due to two games they lost where they just straight up got caught napping in earlier that season. They dropped a game to the lowly Saints (who were in throwbacks that day), and then dropped either a Sunday or Monday nighter to the Steelers that went sour almost immediately. That era of Bucs teams were great, but always had the stigma of a team that had focus issues. 

 

The Eagles were made out to be a HUGE favorite, but the reality of that wasn’t quite that true. 

 

IIRC a big thing was being made about the temperature because he Bucs had never won a game under 40 degrees or something like that. I feel like that's why everyone thought the Eagles were gonna stomp them. Do I have that right, Bucs fans? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

Yeah that Bucs team was great, and only had a worse record than the Eagles due to two games they lost where they just straight up got caught napping in earlier that season. They dropped a game to the lowly Saints (who were in throwbacks that day), and then dropped either a Sunday or Monday nighter to the Steelers that went sour almost immediately. That era of Bucs teams were great, but always had the stigma of a team that had focus issues. 

 

The Eagles were made out to be a HUGE favorite, but the reality of that wasn’t quite that true. 

I lost a bet on the Steelers game that required my work computer’s wallpaper to be Franco Harris until after the Super Bowl. I had to check in all the new members to our base, so it was pretty annoying having to constantly explain that I wasn’t a Steelers fan. Shaun King started that game, because Brad Johnson was hurt. I think Robo-sack was, too. I was always a King fan, and swore he was going to break out that game. Nope!

 

I flew home to Philly for the Oct game at the Vet that year. Bucs seemed like they had that one, but Brad was battered and knocked out of that game.  

 

The Vet was something else. I actually miss it (though not as an opposing fan haha).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, and while I don’t know the number off the top of my head, I think the sample size was pretty big, too. They had lost something like 25 straight games when the temperature was below zero. 

 

It didn’t really have much to do with the Bucs sucking in cold weather, though. The Bucs sucked no matter where they played for YEARS (their first coach had a pretty famous quote about this, too), and that skewed pretty much all of the numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the truth of the matter is that the Eagles were a way more consistently dominant organization during that era, but just couldn't get over the hump.  You don't get to 4 straight conference titles in a row by accident.  That said, the Bucs were also really good, that defense was nasty and credit to them, they took care of business when they needed to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sport said:

 

IIRC a big thing was being made about the temperature because he Bucs had never won a game under 40 degrees or something like that. I feel like that's why everyone thought the Eagles were gonna stomp them. Do I have that right, Bucs fans? 

Yep the first game the ever won that was below 40 was against the Bears that same season. 

 

Like Fiddy said, most of that was because they were terrible for all of those years in the NFC Central getting abused by the Bears and Packers... but they looked GREAT doing it in those beautiful creamsicles!*

 

*gotta keep it on topic somehow ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

Is it on Twitter, Instagram or their website? Or all 3?

In the digital era, I am positive it will be posted across all their social channels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kutztown said:

I think the truth of the matter is that the Eagles were a way more consistently dominant organization during that era, but just couldn't get over the hump.  You don't get to 4 straight conference titles in a row by accident.  That said, the Bucs were also really good, that defense was nasty and credit to them, they took care of business when they needed to. 

 

The truth of the matter is that Andy Reid wasn't qualified to be a head coach, and Donovan McNabb was fat and threw up in the super bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The truth of the matter is that Andy Reid wasn't qualified to be a head coach, and Donovan McNabb was fat and threw up in the super bowl.

 

Of those 3 statements, only one is factually correct.

 

And I hate the Eagles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

The truth of the matter is that Andy Reid wasn't qualified to be a head coach, and Donovan McNabb was fat and threw up in the super bowl.

 

You know how Patriots fans don't get to complain about the sad 70s, 80s and 90s anymore?

 

Kind of feels like the Eagles' era of complaining about McNabb is past too. You don't get to be sadsack and recent champions at the same time. Just the way it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.