Buc

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

I'm as thrilled to see orange as the rest of you but I think one of the most underrated upgrades is going back to a black facemask rather than the chrome one. What a difference that makes!

I can't wait to see how the pewter jerseys look over white pants and and the white ones look over pewter. Really, I think any combination of jerseys and pants will look good for them with this set. 

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's just a lighter pewter, not anthracite. I'm fine with these. They only could have been a downgrade if they let a  pee wee coach design them. 

It just looked really dark gray in the video. Maybe it looks different in the sun. The old color is still better I think.

Is this the most similar a team has ever went back to an old look? 

Holy :censored:. Those actually give me hope for the browns set. So clean. Maybe too simple for some, but those look great.

Unlike others, I actually don't mind the pewter alternate. Would have loved if the numbers had an inner orange outline with red on the outside. That way they could also wear the white pants with them. 

Overall, they knocked it out of the park and look like an NFL team again. 

Just now, ltjets21 said:

49ers.

Just now, ltjets21 said:

Probably the last Jets uniform set. 

The pewter alt is pretty meh, and the logos are still a huge downgrade from the Super Bowl era set. But all things considered, these are fantastic. It’s about the best I could possibly hope for, and exactly what I wanted them to do.

I’m SO glad I went with the regular home jersey rather than the pewter alt when I pre ordered a Brady jersey. That home jersey has me feeling so happy. This is the happiest I’ve been as a Bucs fan in almost ten years. 

Also, :censored: Paul Lukas. Pay closer attention, you goddamn dork. 

I would really have loved to see the Pewter set contain the orange trim that the other uniforms have, but it's still pretty sleek. I wonder if they will mix and match that jersey with the white pants, or maybe use the white stripe-on-pewter pants with the white jerseys. 

Just noticed another thing! The red in the primary logo is same dull red used from 1997-2013!spacer.pngnew logo spacer.png 2014-2019

The thick stroke on the numbers is really sharp, and that red top just pops. This is how you do a “plain” uniform successfully.

Just now, BucksFan5 said:

Holy :censored:. Those actually give me hope for the browns set. So clean. Maybe too simple for some, but those look great.

Now if Jacksonville put the jaguar on the sleeves and added some type of striping to the pants they'd be on the same level as these. Too bad it'll be 3 more years for that to happen.

1 minute ago, ltjets21 said:

Not counting college teams, yes. Cleveland did that with the last set before the current kit when they removed the gape in the sleeve pattern and went  back to the 1960's design. 

3 minutes ago, tron1013 said:

Where is the orange trim on the silver jersey and alternate pants?

For some baffling reason it doesn't look to be on the alt jersey and pants. 

If they were going to have an alternate gray anthracite jersey, I would've just as soon rather them have gone with a black one instead, obviously only useful in night games in Tampa but something nonetheless.

spacer.png

I always liked the way those looked. I think I have an old Derrick Brooks one laying around somewhere.

Hoping they wear the pewter pants with the white jersey sometimes

2 minutes ago, walkerws said:

Probably the last Jets uniform set. 

Patriots during the 80s as well.