Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

As a bucs fan on first glance, happy orange made it, sad orange isn’t present on pewter set (but if it’s color rush, the last ones had no orange), scratch head on two sets of pewter pants...but see my last point on orange. Curious to see actual shade of red. This is probably what should have happened after the super bowl uniforms and not hat happened the past six years.

KISSwall09.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was even the point of the alternate? If you're going to go back to a uniform design, 100%, from 20 years ago, at least use the alternate as an area to get more creative. Instead, it looks like a high school uniform. No orange. Pointless attempt on what would undoubtedly be the point of emphasis considering the home and away are just reverting back to the look before the previous redesign. 

On 3/12/2020 at 7:31 AM, BJ Sands said:

Two more thoughts: 

- Lukas isn’t always the most detail-oriented when it comes to the finer points. Are these really as plain as he’s reported? 
- Did Nike finally find a way to produce a gloss finish with their newest pants design? The answer will make a big difference. 

Called it. 

1 minute ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

What was even the point of the alternate? If you're going to go back to a uniform design, 100%, from 20 years ago, at least use the alternate as an area to get more creative. Instead, it looks like a high school uniform. No orange. Pointless attempt on what would undoubtedly be the point of emphasis considering the home and away are just reverting back to the look before the previous redesign. 

Color Rush requirement. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, heavybass said:

Is it confirmed that the Bucs went back to the super bowl red?

Id say so, the social media accounts updated profile pics to the new logo so I presume there were tweaks to the shade of colors.

14 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Nice look at all three sets:

spacer.png

The all-pewter set has alternate pewter pants with red/white/red striping.

A big mistake here is the all-pewter. It needs orange, which would eliminate the need for two pairs of pewter pants. 

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

Regarding the comment about the shiny pewter: "The team explored going back to the original pewter pants but the fabrics used by Nike today are completely different than in the 1990s and therefore it was impossible to re-create the historic pewter color in today's textiles." 

1 minute ago, BenjiJ said:

A big mistake here is the all-pewter. It needs orange, which would eliminate the need for two pairs of pewter pants. 

Oh, I hadn't thought about that.  It also makes it so they can't wear the white pants with it, which I think would otherwise be a good look.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived