Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BenjiJ said:

A big mistake here is the all-pewter. It needs orange, which would eliminate the need for two pairs of pewter pants. 

I don’t mind them having two pairs of pewter pants, and I actually like that on the Color Rush set they got rid of black and instead emphasized white and red. I just would’ve added the thin orange stroke between the red and white on the numbers and pant stripes.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, heavybass said:

Is it confirmed that the Bucs went back to the super bowl red?

jXn8NQk.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

2 minutes ago, ahowe6464 said:

Regarding the comment about the shiny pewter: "The team explored going back to the original pewter pants but the fabrics used by Nike today are completely different than in the 1990s and therefore it was impossible to re-create the historic pewter color in today's textiles." 

Nike speak. The old fabric is .000001% heavier and, thus, slower. We’ll eventually get to a point where it’s again possible to make metallic finishes on “new” pants and jerseys. Till then, this is a fantastic look. 

Just now, upperV03 said:

I don’t mind them having two pairs of pewter pants, and I actually like that they got rid of black and instead emphasized white in the Color Rush set. I just would’ve added the thin orange stroke between the red and white on the numbers and pant stripes.

That's exactly my gripe with that set. The only negative point I found. 

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Oh, I hadn't thought about that.  It also makes it so they can't wear the white pants with it, which I think would otherwise be a good look.

I think it’s designated as color rush. The last color rush had no orange. Believe me, I agree with you and others with lack of orange and mix-match, but that’s the only explanation I can give for no orange and two pewter pants.

KISSwall09.jpg

I LOVE that they brought back the black outer and orange inner outline on the numbers and pant stripes. Absolutely love that fact. That was one of the best parts of the 2002 set IMO. Wish they had socks in any color but black, but hey, their socks won’t match their pants!

They did exactly what they should've done - having the stones to, basically, admit the previous uniforms were a total misfire and stupid looking and went back to the correct look. Bravo. 

My only gripe is the logo remains, but I'll take it if it means the actual good uniforms are back.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived