Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

So they're back to the 1997-2013 set, just with the 2014-2019 logo. I guess I'll be the contrarian here and say: Meh, truth be told I always found the Super Bowl unis kinda boring. Keeping the brighter red from the 2014-2019 set would've been a bit better, because the darker red was one of the things I didn't like about these the first time around. (Also correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the 2014-2019 unis have more orange than this?) Also that pewter alternate is terrible, woof.

Since the plan was apparently to just bring back an older uniform with some minor modernisations, I think I would've just preferred them returning to the infinitely more interesting Creamsicles.
H&A: 5/10; alternate: 2/10

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

That's strange then, because it's definitely smaller in that picture, but then they show it on the players and it definitely doesn't look smaller there: 
EVBCuWOWsAA-yuA.png

Am I the only one who noticed they have two sets of pewter pants? You've got the regular pants with the home jersey, and the red-white-red striping on the color rush. They both fit with their respective jerseys but I think it's fine. Overall it's a very solid look. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Two pairs of pewter pants is dumb. So is the lack of orange on that all pewter set. Other than that, just about perfect.

I think Red Jersey with White Pants would look amazing.

Since the Nike contract began the Jaguars, Buccaneers, Browns, and Titans have all tried some absolutely ridiculous looking, super-hero costume, Nike-speaked to death, silly, some of the worst things to ever see an NFL field uniforms. The Jaguars and Bucs have reverted back to looks that strongly resemble the sets they wore before they got Nike-ified, the Browns will probably do the same, and the Titans remains to be seen, but they're pretty universally derided. It's not a great shooting percentage. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

As a Browns fan, this pleases me.

They got rid of the terrible shoulder caps.  They put orange back in the pants stripe and stroke around the numerals.  The white and red jerseys are balanced.  I'll deal with the out of place all pewter look because of how great the white and red look.  I love that they reduced the logo size on the helmet.  If they only would have put pewter pants with the white jersey, it would have been nearly perfect.

The only cons I see are pewter uniforms... and it looks like Nike did some BS with the numbers... almost like a rubber material?  Or are my eyes decieving me?

Archived